This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

We are less than 100 days out from the greatest (and saddest) day of our lives. On May 4th, 2018, Avengers: Infinity War will be playing in movie theaters all around the world. Part one of a two-part phenomenon that ties together ten years of cinematic greatness. I’m woman enough to admit that I teared up when watching that very first trailer they released. The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) got its start with Iron Man in 2008 and took off running with The Incredible Hulk just a month later. In ten years, 17 films have been released (18 with the inclusion of the upcoming Black Panther), each bringing to life more and more beloved comic book characters. Perhaps the greatest thing about these movies is that those who have never read a comic book can enjoy the movies without feeling like they’re missing something. The directors take certain liberties with the comics themselves so the movies don’t feel like a carbon copy of something you might’ve read already. For the long-time comic book fans, there are plenty of Easter eggs to look out for. The MCU has given us a live-action universe that we can get lost in. A universe where anything is possible. A universe where we can momentarily forget our troubles and laugh at the sarcastic quips of a talking raccoon or stare in awe at the teenager swinging from a web to go fight crime.

Photo Source

Infinity War is not the end of the MCU (not by a long-shot) but it will nevertheless warrant a farewell for certain characters. The debate rages on as to which characters will be left standing once the dust settles but one thing is certain: after years of growing attached to these characters, no matter who dies, the pain and heartbreak will be very real. If you have never seen a marvel movie in your life or you’ve only watched certain ones, you have an important task ahead of you: get caught up before May 4th. This is easy enough to do. If you watch all 18 movies in one sitting, it would take you roughly a day and a half. For those busy worker bees who don’t have a lot of time for movies, you can split easily split it up. Infinity War comes out in 14 weeks and there are 18 movies. Just watch one to two movies a week. What order should you watch it in? I’m glad you asked.

1. Iron Man (2008)
  2. The Incredible Hulk (2008)
  3. Iron Man 2 (2010)
  4. Thor (2011)
  5. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
  6. The Avengers (2012)
  7. Iron Man 3 (2013)
  8. Thor: The Dark World (2013)
  9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
  10. Guardians of The Galaxy (2014)
  11. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
  12. Ant-Man (2015)
  13. Captain America: Civil War (2016)
  14. Doctor Strange (2016)
  15. Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
  16. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
  17. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
  18. Black Panther (2018)

Cover Photo: https://goo.gl/images/nYnzfn

Soy Dominicana. I love movies, quotes, and everything to do with Marvel and DC. Instagram: arlenys_b Twitter: @Arlen_Burgos