This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Teenagers and young adults alike crowded every inch of Revolution Live’s two floor intimate venue. People stood behind the left and right barred sides on the second-floor marveling below.

Laced with delicate vocals and hazy neon lights, Clairo’s performance was a dream you never want to wake up from.

Mostly, singing hits from her 2019 debut album Immunity like “Bags” and “Sofia”, her setlist allowed fans to belt out the words and enjoy themselves. At times, Clairo stopped singing and granted the crowd to conduct the show. The passionate voices from the crowd drowned out Clairo’s. It was a heartwarming reminder of how adored Clairo’s music is and how deeply fans connect with it.

Fort Lauderdale’s venue Revolution Live is known for housing alternative and underground musicians. Its maximum 1,300 people capacity offers artists to be vulnerable with their fans.

Clairo invited an extremely talented fan named Gabby to the stage to help her play “Bags”. Using Clairo’s electric guitar, the crowd praised Gabby’s performance and offered their love to her.

Most musicians rarely let fans experience the accelerating rush of performing alongside them. There’s a mental and physical barrier between the performer and the audience. Clairo treats her fans as if they were her friends. She shares the limelight and is generous with them. She makes her audience feel appreciated and acknowledged. Her performance does not feel robotic. It feels like a unified family reunion.

Her visuals captured the romanticism of her sound. In one visual clouds moved lazily behind her. In another, a peaceful waterfall played on a loop as she softly sang “Sinking”.

Clairo’s gentle vocal ability was the star of the show and an unforgettable one.

Undergraduate Junior Journalism student