Christmas is here! : DIY Gift Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Isn’t it crazy how quickly this year went by? December is here! We all know what that means: shopping for Christmas presents, buying new outfits for that New Year’s holiday party, or maybe even planning out a trip with friends or family to celebrate this wonderful time of year. However, as busy college students, most of us reading this are on a tight college university-kid budget and don’t have the liberty to splurge on gifts for our friends. Luckily, we have the ability to make the gifts ourselves without spending more than a few dollars! I’m sure many of us can ignite the primary school arts and crafting skills inside each one of us, and are more than likely already looking at cute DIY gift ideas on Pinterest. Here are some of my favorite ideas!

1.     Glitter Wine Glasses

This gift idea doesn’t have to be limited to just your group of friends, as it could be done for your family members as well! The materials you will need are: wine glasses, decoupage glue, foam brush, and glitter! For the step by step how-to, be sure to click on the link below.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/417990409140009055/

2.     Pamper Yourself Mason Jars

I’ve definitely been starting to notice the Mason jar trend both on and off-campus! I think Mason jars are really cute and useful… and what’s even better? Filling them up with goodies for your friends!

Buy cheap Mason jars at the dollar store and choose between various sizes. Next, pay a visit to your local Bath and Body as they always offer the travel sized lotions and hand sanitizers, some even loaded with holiday scents! Be sure to grab the ones you think would be most fitting for each of your friends. Mix and match! You can also buy your friend’s favorite candy and stuff them inside as well! Also, an amazing holiday suggestion for chocolate loving friends is packing it the Mason jar with some yummy Ferrero Rocher! Voila!

3.     Scrapbook

For those of you who have been friends with certain people for a long time, or for those who want to make something special for your significant other, here it is! This one is fairly simple, all it requires is a scrapbook (the size is all up to you), some stickers, pictures, and scrapbooking paper! It’s a simple gift, but one that the other person will surely cherish.

4.     Gift Basket

For a lovely holiday gift basket, you can buy a small to medium sized basket and fill it up with things that your friends or significant other loves! Whether it’s the video game your boyfriend’s been wanting for months now, or that book your friend’s been telling you she’s been eyeing for months, just be sure to fill it with stuff that you know they will love!

If you’re still not too sure whether you should do one of these, then you can always check out all the different DIY Christmas gift boards that Pinterest has to offer! Happy Holidays everyone!