Changing The Environment One Car At A Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

In 1997, Toyota introduced the very first Prius hybrid car. At the time most people were skeptical of why hybrid cars were even a thing. But since this time, hybrid cars are showing major popularity amongst car buyers. There are so popular because they are better for the environment, you are saving money by not having to buy gas every week, and overall there just really good investments. In the past, people have been cautious to buy a hybrid because they weren’t the most attractive cars a few years ago, but now all that has changed. Now you can buy a hybrid without having to give up comfort, style, for practicality. Here are some of the hottest hybrid cars of 2018, one of these could possibly be your next ride! 

#1) Toyota Prius 

Although this car is the very first hybrid to ever come out, and may be viewed as old-fashioned and not attractive, Toyota has made many improvements to this car throughout the years to make it more appealing to a younger audience. The newer Prius’ include a sportier body style, safety sensors, and better aerodynamics make it a top hit. Also, being the most fuel-efficient hybrid,it is perfect for people who hate taking trips to the gas station. 

#2) Honda Insight 

For all my Honda lovers out there, this is the hybrid for you! This car is so popular because it allows people to fly under the radar of driving a hybrid. This hybrid looks similar to the body style of a Accord or Civic but has the great functionality of a hybrid. This hybrid is also very up-to-date with popular trends by offering Apple Car Play. This car is a great choice for young adults who want to save money on gas, but not appear to be driving the stereotypical hybrid.

#3) Land Rover Range Rover P400E

This car is described as “the car that can climb any mountain.” This hybrid is the perfect car for all adventurous, outdoors people. It offers a luxurious interior and superior off-roading capabilities, while also having great fuel economy. This is the perfect car for some wanting a hybrid thats a little more high-end, has the ruggedness of an all terrain vehicle, while also saving you gas money.

4) Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid

For someone who wants a high end hybrid with impressive efficiency and sporty exterior this is your car! This car is so popular amongst luxury car buyers because it offers all the styling and speed of a Porsche with the great addition of being a hybrid as well with just the push of a button. Known as the “rich-mans hybrid” this car is overall the best performance hybrid around. 

My name is Lindzey Felzer. I am from South Florida and I have lived here my entire life. While attending Florida International University I am studying psychology on the pre-med track to become a physical therapist. Some things I enjoy doing during my free time include hanging out with friends and family, taking trips to the beach, and going to the dog park. Happy Reading!!