Cards Against Humanity Bought A Piece of the U.S. Border & It’s Pretty Clever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Cards Against Humanity, the popular card game, has officially bought a piece of the U.S. border in an effort to stop President Trump from building a wall across the area. And it’s pretty clever. The card game is known for its holiday stunts and this year is no different. The company is known for its funny holiday promotions which are meant to be practical jokes — like the time they sold absolutely nothing. While it’s not evident exactly where the land they purchased is located, the company stated that customers who buy a Holiday Pack for $15 will receive “an illustrated map of the land, a certificate of our promise to fight the wall, some new cards, and a few other surprises.”

What exactly does the Holiday Pack include? It’s a total secret, but we do know that it is six “America-saving surprises.” According to their website, they’re saving America from “injustice, lies, racism, the whole enchilada.” On November 15th, just a few hours after the launching the program, Cards Against Humanity said it was completely sold out of the holiday packs.

“Donald Trump is a preposterous golem who is afraid of Mexicans,” said Cards Against Humanity on its website. “He is so afraid that he wants to build a twenty-billion dollar wall that everyone knows will accomplish nothing. So we’ve purchased a plot of vacant land on the border and retained a law firm specializing in eminent domain to make it as time-consuming and expensive as possible for the wall to get built.” 

Cards of Humanity also stated that the whole saving America thing will “be fun, it will be weird and if you voted for Trump, you might want to sit this one out.”

This is definitely not the first time Cards Against Humanity has made open political statements with their products. The company also recently launched “Cards Against Humanity For Her.” The game box was pink and meant to support women. This game was $5 higher than its normal price, however, the profits made were donated to Emily’s List, a political action committee that prides itself on putting more women into political positions. Check out their video for more information on the Cards Against Humanity Saves America campaign.

Photo source Cover photo source

My name is Amanda and I'm currently a senior at FIU studying Management. When I'm not busy writing, I love working on my photography, traveling, hanging out at the beach and creating content for my blog!