Campus Cutie: Nick Mallery

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Age: 21

Major: Accounting and Marketing

Year: Junior

What are you involved in on campus?

• I am a brother of Beta Theta Pi and I am a member of the ALPFA business organization.

How do you make time for all these great involvements?

• It’s hard to make time for all of my involvements and to maintain a high GPA but I know it is necessary. Having a balance in your life is not only important for your health but also for your future so that employers see that you were not just a good student but also an involved one as well.

What has been your favorite involvement?

• My favorite involvement would have to be my fraternity, Beta Theta Pi. Not only have I met many new friends, I have also become a strong leader because of the principles the fraternity instills in its members. I have also had the chance to help fund raise for several different charities, which is great.

What are your plans after graduation?

• My goal for after graduation is to work for the Miami Marlins in the baseball operations department. I would like to be on track to be the youngest General Manager in Major League Baseball history.

What has been your most memorable moment here at FIU?

• My most memorable moment at FIU would have to be after one our intramural fraternity softball games. We were losing by five going into the last inning and we rallied and came back to win. I remember celebrating after that win because we were all so excited and there was nothing better than celebrating with your brothers.

What advice do you have for incoming Panthers?

• Make sure you get involved the moment you step foot on campus. I spent a year at FIU without getting involved and I did not enjoy the school as much. Once I got involved, I started looking forward to going to school because I knew I was going to meet up with friends and have the ability to make an impact with one of my organizations.
Hi! My name is Nicole, I am a fashionista/makeup enthusiast, and I'm currently studying Event Management at Florida International University.