Campus Cutie: John Fox ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Meet John Fox, an all-star on campus. Not only is he a part of Phi Gamma Delta but he also holds the position of Campus Man for Delta Phi Epsilon. See what this eye-candy had to say about life on campus!

The Basics:

Major: History

Graduation Year: Spring 2014

Involvements: Brother of Phi Gamma Delta, Peer Mentor

On interests:

What are your favorite hobbies?

My favorite hobbies are martial arts and music. Since I was a kid I’ve been training in American Kenpo and got my black belt right after I graduated high school. Once I started college I began to train in MMA all while still continuing my American Kenpo training. As far as music is concerned I’m the lead singer in a rock band called Marcella Rose. We’ve been playing together for the last two years and have come a long way since. Quite recently things have been picking up for us so be on the look out for us on our next tour this summer!

What’s something you’re really passionate about?

Something that I’m really passionate about is my Christianity and striving to live the life that Jesus did. I’m also really passionate about music. I love writing all kinds of music and hope that one day I can make a living out of it…..preferably with my band, Marcella Rose.

What’s your guilty pleasure?

No lie, my guilty pleasure is laying in my bed all day while watching Netflix/Hulu and eating Taco Bell andPizza Hut all while under my comforter with the fan on full blast.

On girls:

What do you look for in a girl/potential girlfriend?

I’m into girls who aren’t airheads and have substance to their personalities. Don’t get me wrong, beauty is important, but more importantly I need a girl who I can have a conversation without wanting to bang my head into a wall. Though, the absolute most important thing I look for in a girl is the character of her heart.

How you would picture a “perfect date”?

I enjoy doing things where I get to talk and really get to know who I’m with so I’d start by picking up my date then getting some dinner to eat. After that we’d go have some fun and see a show or some kind of performance. And since I love adventure I’d find something random/fun to do so my date and I could make the best of the night and hopefully make great, lasting memories

[pagebreak]

Fun facts:

If you could be anybody in the world for a day who would it be and why?

I’d be Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. I’ve always looked up to him and I think that he’s the absolute biggest boss of life. Not only is he built like Hercules, but he overcame adversity as a youth, won a NCAA national championship, became a WWE legend, and now he’s a full fledged action movie superstar. What more can I say?

What is one thing that not many people know about you?

My father is from Roscommon, Ireland and my mother is from Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. They met in England while in college and then moved to South Florida to capture the American Dream.

If you could go back to a famous event in the past, what event would you go to and why?

Being that I’m a connoisseur of music, I would love to go back to Woodstock and witness all the great musicians who played.

On college life:

What’s your fondest memory of FIU?

My fondest memory of FIU was when I won Delta Phi Epsilon’s Campus Man competition. It was an extremely exciting night that I got to experience with all of my brothers in Phi Gamma Delta. I was still a fairly new person at FIU and didn’t know many people. After I won we went out and had fun the whole night. Becoming Campus Man also gave me the opportunity to build amazing friendships with the members of Delta Phi Epsilon as well as zillion other people.

What are your plans after college?

My plans after college are to pursue music full time with my band Marcella Rose. I hope that in the next couple of years, my band will have made big ground in the music industry. I’ll also be simultaneously getting my masters degree so I can always be able to fall back on an education.

Want to nominate someone for Campus Cutie? Click here!

Laura Hernandez is the founder of Her Campus FIU.  She is currently a junior and is majoring in Political Science, Women's Studies and International Relations. She is also passionate about writing and communications. Laura thinks that Her Campus FIU is the perfect way to connect with collegiettes at FIU's commuter campus.