This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Age: 19

Year: First Year

Major: International Relations/ Political Science

• What are your involvements on campus?

I am a proud sister of Alpha Xi Delta, and a delegate of the FIU Model United Nations Team 

• What is your favorite thing about Model UN? 

My favorite thing about Model UN is without a doubt being able to role play delegates of the United Nations and simulating UN committees, that altogether have helped me gain more experience in the world of International Relations

• Although 3 years away, what do you plan to do after you graduate? 

Once I graduate I plan to attend Law School and earn my law degree, and after gaining sufficient legal experience, I plan on pursuing a career in Politics.

• So far, what has been your favorite FIU memory?

My favorite FIU memory was “running home on Bid Day” which was the day when I became part of the Alpha Xi Delta sisterhood that I am eternally thankful for.

• Do you have any advice to share for the freshman coming in the fall?

My advice is to get involved, to open your horizons to new opportunities, and most importantly to work hard towards the goals you establish for yourself in college.

Gabriela Millan is a Freshman at Florida International University studying Business Administration. She hopes to attend law school in New York City and graduate with a MBA and JD. Although she is still only beginning her collegiate journey, Gabriela believes it is important to be very involved on and off campus. She is an intern for the Student Government Association and a member of a Panhellenic organization.