Campus Cutie: Adam Mustafa

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie goes out to the 2015 Homecoming King, Adam Mustafa.

Age: 20

Major: Biomedical Engineering

Hobbies: “I like to play basketball, FIFA, and other competitive games. I also love to bike and watch movie!”

What organizations are you involved in on campus?

• “I am a member of the fraternity Sigma Alpha Mu, I am a Panther Camp facilitator and also a Dance Marathon Morale captain. I was also a member of Students for Justice in Palestine and a member of UNICEF.”

What made you want to be a part of these organizations?

• “Every organization represents something I wanted out of my college experience. I wanted to join a brotherhood because I’ve never had brothers before and I wanted a support system in college. I became a Panther Camp facilitator because I respected what the program had done for me when I was entering FIU and I wanted to give back. I participate in philanthropy events on campus such as Dance Marathon because they’re good causes and one day it’s very possible that my family is the one that the money is being raised for! My parents always encouraged 100% participation and pride in everything I am involved in.”

What has been your most memorable moment at FIU?

• “My most memorable moment at FIU was being announced as a 2015 Panther Camp Facilitator. I found this position to be the best way I could give back to FIU and the love and congratulations I received from my peers made me believe I was going to make a large impact. The summer was amazing, many new people think facilitators impact the students, and that’s true, but more than anything the students impact us on crazy levels.”

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

• “I honestly don’t know for sure. I feel like I have 1000 different routes to take and they all appeal to me. But I will hopefully be living in a happy home with a family and working either in the sports medicine industry or for a prosthetics manufacturer.”

What advice would you give to fellow students?

• “College is going to fly by. Experience all that you can because for most people this is the last time in life that you will have no responsibilities. Meet as many people as you can and grow from all of the diversity FIU has to offer!”
Hi! My name is Nicole, I am a fashionista/makeup enthusiast, and I'm currently studying Event Management at Florida International University.