The Plaza Nyc
The Plaza Nyc
Anna Thetard / Her Campus
Culture > News

Calling all Newyorkers: The Plaza Hotel has finally reopened

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

New York’s most iconic and luxurious hotel located across the street from Central Park finally reopened on May 20th. Get ready for the world’s most luxurious room service, tea parties, ballrooms, and boutiques. The Plaza historically opened its gold revolving doors in 1907 and is home to many Broadway stars and famous actors. You might also recognize it from the movie Home Alone 2: Lost in New York and the popular children’s books written by Kay Thompson: Eloise at the Plaza. 

Hotel breakfast room service
Burst

The Plaza closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and recently announced their plan to reopen on May 20th. They are now accepting reservations and are thrilled to be opening the famous Palm Court for afternoon tea and the soothing Guerlain Spa. The Plaza offers a variety of tour packages such as the Home Alone 2 package where guests can recreate scenes from the movie by taking a tour of New York City in a limousine with pizza. After arriving back to your suite, guests will enjoy a decadent sundae.

Guests have the option to choose from several room options such as the royal suite, Fitzgerald suit, the tower room, and the famous Eloise suite. 

Put on your lavish white robe and pop the champagne for the grand reopening of The Plaza Hotel!

Gabriela Gutierrez-Gallo is a senior at Florida International University, majoring in journalism with a minor in social media and e-marketing. Her true love is New York City and her interests include home decor, film and television history, traveling, and skincare.