Boutique Dressing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Following the same old routine day in and day out can get to be a little boring as we start to settle in to the new semester again, but it doesn’t mean our outfits have to be! Our style is something that is unique to us and can help us express our individual personality. That’s why it’s no wonder girls freak out when there is someone wearing the same exact outfit picked out at the local mall. One way to avoid twining out in public, is shopping at a small boutique.

Psychology sophomore, Laura Vila is quite the expert on boutiques, working at the Royal Fashion House boutique located on 4740 SW 72nd Avenue. RFH boutique “focuses on the edgy, sleek, and contemporary sides of fashion with the same affordable pricing,” says Laura. Not only does she work here, but she also gets her outfit inspirations from the boutique. Here is what Laura has to say about her top three favorite boutique outfits.

1. The Emerald Dress:  “This emerald halter maxi is one of my favorite pieces right now. Its flowy cut makes it carefree and airy, perfect for day or night.”

How would you wear it? “It looks great with a statement necklace (as pictured). Statement necklaces are currently trending and they look remarkable with just about any        outfit. This outfit can be worn anywhere from the mall, to a beach resort.”

2. The A- line skirt: “I love this red A-line skirt with the white body suit. The red skirt really pops against the basic white top. The black shoes add a bit of edge to the feminine  nature of the outfit.”

How would you wear it? “This red skirt is perfect for a date night. The bright color and length make the skirt flirty without being too over the top. It can be styled with a metal belt to add an edgy twist to the girly look.”

3. The lace top and boyfriend jeans: “This lace crop top and boyfriend jeans may be my favorite of the three. I love the easygoing mood of distressed boyfriend jeans. I paired it with this lace crop top to add a bit more structure to the otherwise carefree look.”

How would you wear it? “The lace crop top and boyfriend jean is a naturally effortless   combination. It’s a great outfit to wear to a concert or to a girl’s night out. It is put together, yet carefree.”

Nicole Aguiar is a public relations major at Florida International University in Miami, Florida. As an active writer for both Her Campus online magazine, and FIU's newspaper, The Beacon, she publishes news stories weekly in her community. Nicole has also interned for the Public Relations team at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County and is currently an executive board member for FIU's Relay for Life.