This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

As the new year begins, many of us may consider reading as a resolution or goal to start. You may even see some new books circulating your for you page on TikTok. Here are some books to add to your cart that will hook you into reading.

• The first book that I would recommend is anything by Colleen Hoover. Her books will take you on a wild ride with your emotions. The ones that I would recommend would be It Ends With Us , November 9, and Ugly Love. Check trigger warnings for each book.
  • The next book would be People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry. This book is perfect to read during the summertime because it takes places in different locations and shows the relationship between two friends during their time together.
  • All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven is love story between Violet and Theodore that showcases mental health and individuality.
  • Normal People by Sally Rooney is a story that shows the relationship between Connell and Marianne as they navigate their college years. This book has also been turned into a tv show on Hulu.
  • The last book is a poetry book by Rupi Kaur and it is titled “The Sun and Her Flowers.” This book showcases the emotions that go behind healing and growth.

Happy reading!

FIU freshman who is currently studying Communications.