This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Based on the famous hashtag that circulates on all social media platforms…#BlackLoveExists creates and portrays fundamental love as inevitable. I can say our black love comes from anywhere and anyone in various ways.

Black love to me gives us African-Americans a sense of hope and acceptance.

There have been so much that the Black community has encountered such as colorism, self-hatred amongst ourselves, and hatred from others. Having ‘Black Love’ is a positive attribute in my community that creates a substructure for the younger generations to have aspiration and optimism.

My form of black love was initiated by my mother. Her love for me was trustworthy and open. As I grew older, not only did I have to set her love for me as a foundation for others to meet, but I had to learn from my own experiences and gain knowledge from life lessons. I can say that most of the people I have confronted in my life have not met those standards but through those people came more knowledge and openness for me to understand that…

“YOU STILL HAVEN’T MET ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO LOVE YOU”

Black love is not limited to a specific relationship but is ambiguous to the forms that are worthy to appreciate and are desirable.

As of now the love I have from my family is much appreciated and worthy of having. Love from family should be ideal for #BlackLoveExists. This goes to say that Black love should be initiated in the home because being loved correctly develops a level of commitment and self-awareness for yourself.

Diana Dupelord is a Senior Editor at Florida International University Her Campus Chapter. She oversees a group of writers that exemplify different genres of writing. She is responsible for ensuring article credibility, while managing and editing writers' content before publication. Diana continues to expand her editorial experience by becoming a Student Editor for FIU's Undergraduate Research Journal for the 2024 Cohort. She dedicates her time to working with Student Writers during the drafting and publication process to ensure efficient published academic research. Additionally, she has served as an intern for Her Campus Media X Ulta Beauty by creating written content on natural hair for the empowerment of Black Beauty. The art of writing has allowed Diana to optimize her passion for it. She is dedicated to sharing her life experiences through her love for writing. Her transparency has allowed her to influence and inspire people by portraying the empowerment of her written pieces. She emphasizes her reasonings to teach the world as "Breaking Barriers is My Purpose."