This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

You don’t need to be in a relationship to have fun this February 14th! As cute as it may look, Valentine’s Day can be a bit overrated. Don’t get me wrong, I love having a day to appreciate my significant other and show my love to those around me. However, I don’t believe you should get yourself down in the dumps because you’re not in a relationship. February 14th is also a day to celebrate the love you have for your best girl gang! Not sure how you can celebrate with your girls? Here are 3 plans you can make with your Galentines on Feb 14:

Organize a Picnic

Nothing is better than a nice picnic surrounded by all your best friends! This Galentine’s Day, organize a picnic at a cute and instagrammable location. Have everyone bring their favorite finger food and drinks. If you’re 21 or older, try bringing a bottle of champagne and some cool OJ to make mimosas with! You can all dress super cute and enjoy each other’s company while eating delicious food!

Set Up a Photoshoot

It can be annoying seeing all the couples on Instagram posting about each other all day long on Valentine’s Day. It’s like a never ending scroll of just couples going on dates for Valentines or giving each other gifts. Break the internet this Feb 14 with photos from your Galentine photoshoot. Have all your friends dress up and organize a location to take the best pictures! You can even take the pictures at home and use satin bed sheets for a backdrop. Get creative with it!

Girls Night In

Don’t want to get dressed up to go out for Galentine’s Day? You don’t have to! Organize a girls’ night in with your girlfriends where you can laugh, have fun, and gossip! Order some pizza or sushi for delivery and maybe pick up some wine along the way (if you are over 21). Play some romantic comedies to keep everyone’s spirits cheerful. Or if you’re in the mood to be emotional, play that tearjerker movie you all are dying to see. ​

Don’t stay being bummed out on February 14th because you don’t have a valentine. Get together with some friends and make memories that would be better than any date you would’ve gone to. You don’t have to go all out on a day that was really made just for people to buy lots of gifts to boost the economy.  Keeping it simple can be the best way to go. What are your Galentine’s Day plans?

Natalia Pineiro is a blogger, social media manager, and college student at Florida International University. Born and raised in Miami, Natalia has always adored how she was able to make longlasting friendships and connections with people from all over the world. South Florida is an extremely culturally diverse environment that makes it one of the most unique places in the world and Natalia couldn't be more proud of it. The passion she has for meeting people of different cultures has pushed her to travel to many destinations to explore new languages, food, and more! She loves sharing her experiences through blog posts, video editing, photography, and more!