The Best & Cheapest Places to Eat in Miami

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Miami has become a vacation hotspot! Being a big city with such a diverse population comes with great places to eat. Fortunately, you don’t need a huge budget to have a crazy delicious meal. These are a few of the best places to check out while you’re in town, that won’t hurt you wallet:

El Taquito, Coconut Grove, FL

El Taquito is an authentic fast-food Mexican restaurant that offers traditional Mexican dishes. There’s chicken or beef tacos, enchiladas, fajitas– it will be almost impossible to choose. Al Pastor Tacos are a local favorite. And there’s plenty of vegetarian options as well. There isn’t much seating available, but it’s the best to take out while enjoying a stroll through the Grove with your friends. Best part is, everything on the menu is under $10! 

Image by El Taquito 

Asian Garden, Hialeah, FL 

Hialeah might not be the first place you think of when it comes to sushi in Miami, however, this place will change your mind. Asian Garden has incredible speciality rolls! It is recommended to come with a group to share because they are quite filling. All of the rolls are under $16! The Miami Heat roll and the Volcano roll are very popular. Even though it doesn’t have the same glam most upscale sushi restaurants have, you (and your wallet) will not leave here disappointed.

Image by Sheila M. , Yelp

Casola’s, Miami, FL

Casola’s has the best slice of pizza you will find in Miami. The portions are very generous and everything on the menu is between $5-10. They offer classics like Cheese, Peperoni, and Hawaiian, but if you’re feeling adventerous, try out the Special of the House “All the Way”.  One slice is enough for most, but you will definately think about having another! It’s important to know that this place is cash only. 

Image by Casola’s 

Islas Canarias, Kendall, FL

You did not truly come to Miami unless you went to Islas Canarias. Islas offers traditional Cuban cuisine at an incredible price. This bakery on the outskirts of Kendall has one of the most famous croquetas that Miami has to offer! The bill will not be more than $8, unless you decide to take a box of those croquetas home with you. 

Image by Islas Canarias 

107 Taste 

Accross the street from Florida International University, this small locale hidden away is a hub for college students. Craving Ramen? There are many styles to pick from! Also, it is very vegetarian-vegan friendly. Don’t forget to have a Taro Bubble Tea to accompany your plate. Everything in the menu is under $16. If you’re still looking into satifying your sweet tooth you cannot go wrong with the Green Tea Crepe Cake!

Image by 107 Taste

A journalism major who loves to write.