Ben Affleck Releases Statement After Rehab Stay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

On Aug 22nd 2018, Jennifer Garner was seen driving her ex Ben Affleck to a local treatment facility after stopping by a local Jack in the Box. According to reports, the events took place in the aftermath of having had an intervention held by Garner. This marked Ben Affleck’s third time in treatment, having been admitted in 2001 and 2017 respectively. 

Everything was pretty much held under wraps with the media only getting some rare photos here and there during his leisurely outings around town. When asked to comment about his brother’s health, Casey Affleck said that he was currently recovering and seemed to be doing well. Ben had also called it quits with SNL producer Lindsay Shookus during this time.

On Oct. 4th, after being silent throughout the entire process, the actor took to instagram to express his gratitude for the outstanding support he has received throughout his 40 day inpatient program and will now continue on in outpatient care.

Shortly after, it was reported that he and playboy model Shauna Sexton were seen heading to Montana for a getaway trip, but as romantic as that may sound Ben pretty much ended things a few days later with sources claiming that “it was never serious and he kept it casual”. In addition to that, After separating in 2015, he and Jennifer were also able to reach a settlement and officially divorce ending  the tensions behind custody financial negotiations.