This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Being an actor or actress can seem like a fun and easy job to do. To those not in that field, being a celebrity can seem all glitz and glamour. The truth is rather harsh.

(Credit: Glamour)

As an actor or actress, there are many things one has to do while filming a show or movie. Depending on the project they are working on, these celebrities have to go on a rigorous diet, gain weight, buff up, or even take a specialized aerobics class. 

Actors and actresses go through intense and draining work that can be for 9+ hours a day. Sometimes they even have to go and reshoot the same one minute clip over and over again till it meets the production teams’ standards. Something people fail to see is the hardship these celebrities go through while filming. 

For example, HBO’s Game Of Throne star Emilia Clarke went through extreme health problems both physically and mentally while working on the hit show.  

On March 21st, the mother of dragons officially opened up about her “life-threatening type of stroke”  she suffered while filming GOT season 1 and 2. 

Clarke was releasing her built-up stress by exercising one morning, as actors and actresses usually when she suddenly felt nauseated and before she realized collapsed on the ground while doing some planks. 

Her diagnosis was a subarachnoid hemorrhage, which is “a life-threatening type of stroke, caused by bleeding into the space surrounding the brain.”

As if that wasn’t enough, Clarke felt immense pressure to keep a happy facade while filming those seasons of GOT.  To top it off, Clarke also recently opened up about the nude scenes she had to do on GOT. 

“I’ve never been on a film set like this before. I’d been on a film set twice before then, and I’m now on a film set completely naked with all of these people, and I don’t know what I’m meant to do, and I don’t know what’s expected of me, and I don’t know what you want, and I don’t know what I want.

“Regardless of there being nudity or not, I would have spent that first season thinking I’m not worthy of requiring anything. I’m not worthy of needing anything at all.”

(Credit: India.com)

Not having any experience in the mega film world, Clarke felt that she HAD to go through with these scenes. Can you imagine the amount of anxiety she went through? Not only was she naked for the camera and set crew, but the whole world was seeing her naked. 

Stephanie Almendares is currently a student at Florida International University majoring in Mass communication-Journalism while also getting a Film Certificate. She enjoys watching plays, reading books--some which she's already read more then 10 times-- and learning about crystals and astrology.