This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Inspired by Michelle Obama-Becoming

Becoming Me, Myself, and I is the most complex topic I can write about because to this day I always use the emphasis phrase, “Who Am I?” This article is not about questioning who I am. It is about the reassurance of who I have become.

The experiences and decisions that I have made throughout my life have allowed me to be rest assured about ‘Becoming Me, Myself, and I.

Becoming who I am took many people to leave and enter my life. Their influences has allowed me to see the world in different perspectives.

Breaking an Entrance:

It’s crazy how much my heart is carrying, but how much my soul has consumed. I always think “my heart hurts.” Not physically, but on a different capacity. I can feel the difference when someone or something touches me as an emotional attack. It interferes with my most “vulnerable moments.”

My soul continues to be enlightened.

Enlightenment:

As I continue ‘BECOMING.‘ I have learned the deifntions of these three simple terms peace, love, and happiness. My ‘soul has been enlightened’ with these three terms.

Peace.

Peace has always been difficult for me to find but something I have always wanted. Maybe because I was always surrounded by chaos majority of my life, but without the chaos I would have never found what has allowed me to become this person right now.

Self-independence has been the best answer for me to fully understand what peace looks like. I truly enjoy being isolated as a form of self-reflection and acknowledgment.

Love.

Love should be seen as simple, but in this day and age it is more complex than just a four letter word. The phrase “my heart hurts,” carries much memories and losses on this journey. I know that self-love is the best type of love, but to be brutally honest, I am still recovering from the love that was lost in my lifetime.

I am human.

I have feelings.

And on of those feelings is feeling pain and love.

Trust me, I hate being in the position to where I put love and hurt in one sentence, but as I continue to being on this journey I just need to learn how to accept…

• “No regrets, just lessons.
  • No worries, just acceptance.”
  • -Toya

Happiness.

I have enjoyed my happy moments more than anything. That’s all it is to it.

I continue to experience the best parts about myself and others as I continue to search for what makes me truly happy.

My journey has a way of its own.

***I do know being able to help and reach millions of people through my story will be one of the greatest times of my life. That is my end goal.

Diana Dupelord is a Senior Editor at Florida International University Her Campus Chapter. She oversees a group of writers that exemplify different genres of writing. She is responsible for ensuring article credibility, while managing and editing writers' content before publication. Diana continues to expand her editorial experience by becoming a Student Editor for FIU's Undergraduate Research Journal for the 2024 Cohort. She dedicates her time to working with Student Writers during the drafting and publication process to ensure efficient published academic research. Additionally, she has served as an intern for Her Campus Media X Ulta Beauty by creating written content on natural hair for the empowerment of Black Beauty. The art of writing has allowed Diana to optimize her passion for it. She is dedicated to sharing her life experiences through her love for writing. Her transparency has allowed her to influence and inspire people by portraying the empowerment of her written pieces. She emphasizes her reasonings to teach the world as "Breaking Barriers is My Purpose."