This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

From being an introvert to a “social introvert,” I found more of myself during my spring semester. When I first started college I came in with intention of wanting to meet new people but not forcing myself to fit in.

Classes:

Although, it was not my first term starting college classes I still had to adapt to the different syllabus and protocols that each professor had. I learned that failing an exam is not the end of the world. “You win some and you lose some, But you live, you live to fight another day.”

Yup, that is how college felt for me. I was fighting each day to live the best way I can. One class that made me question my worth was Statistics class LOL. Thankfully, I passed the class, but there were nights I cried while trying got learn the material. Trust me when I say, learning on your own in college is extremely important in the classes you are taking. And because I wanted to know the material on my own I passed the class and the exams.

Tip 1: Study groups are helpful, but also LEARN individually

• Take advantage of having study groups in classes that are harder for you and take time for you to understand the depth of the material.

Love Being Alone:

I said it before, “I made others feel more comfortable rather than allowing myself to feel more comfortable with myself.”

Being alone is never an issue. I believe everyone NEEDS to learn how to be alone to learn themselves more. Setting self-care days are important. Giving yourself those mental health days are important.

My self-care days and mental health days consist of taking care of my skin, and body. Journaling is a great aspect of my life and continues listening to my life coach definitely helps me more and more.

Tip 2: Self-reflection is the best reflection

“Social Introvert:”

I am an introvert, but starting my Spring semester I became open to people that truly gravitated toward me and created friendships that were authentic and through these people, I saw some aspect of myself in them.

I learned that I do not need to hide my genuine self from anyone. I learned that there are people that would accept all of you not just parts of you because they find those parts as an exception for how they see you.

Being able to learn individually helped me learn how to be social with others and understand who is for me.

Tip 3: Learn to accept new relationships in your life

Diana Dupelord is a Senior Editor at Florida International University Her Campus Chapter. She oversees a group of writers that exemplify different genres of writing. She is responsible for ensuring article credibility, while managing and editing writers' content before publication. Diana continues to expand her editorial experience by becoming a Student Editor for FIU's Undergraduate Research Journal for the 2024 Cohort. She dedicates her time to working with Student Writers during the drafting and publication process to ensure efficient published academic research. Additionally, she has served as an intern for Her Campus Media X Ulta Beauty by creating written content on natural hair for the empowerment of Black Beauty. The art of writing has allowed Diana to optimize her passion for it. She is dedicated to sharing her life experiences through her love for writing. Her transparency has allowed her to influence and inspire people by portraying the empowerment of her written pieces. She emphasizes her reasonings to teach the world as "Breaking Barriers is My Purpose."