This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

With as many technological advancements we have had throughout the years, you would think that a majority of the beauty industry is cruelty-free, right? Wrong. It’s unfortunate that in 2018, we still have to worry about whether or not our mascara has been tested on a precious baby monkey in a torturous lab.

Fortunately, there are many brands out there that are choosing to put a stop to animal testing and going the extra mile to make a difference in our world.

Here are three companies that will you’ll not only fall in love with because of their quality products but because you’ll be giving to a great cause too:

1. Hourglass Cosmetics

By 2020, Hourglass Cosmetics will have become the first vegan, cruelty-free luxury brand. One of their most recent launches includes a 100% vegan powder palette with blushes, highlighters, and metallic strobe powder.  If you’ve ever tried Hourglass Cosmetics before, you know that quality is never compromised in their products and now it comes with an added bonus. Five percent of all profits made from the palette will be donated to the Nonhuman Rights Project. This civil rights organization is the only one in America that works to secure legally fundamental rights for animals.

2. Josie Maran

You have probably heard of Josie Maran for their best-selling argan oil.  Well, I bet you didn’t know one of their products is biodegradable and donates to a cause. The Bear Naked Wipes are more than just your average makeup cleansing wipes. For each purchase made, a portion of the sales goes to the Natural Resources Defense Council’s Polar Bear SOS initiative. This campaign is committed to preserving polar bears’ habitats and eliminating hunting of the animal.

3. Lush

We all know how great Lush is when it comes to creating products that feel and smell amazing. The company has a moisturizer on its shelves that not only lives up to quality expectations but also donates every single penny made from the purchase. That’s right, profits from the Charity Pot help organizations working toward environmental, human and animal causes. Their current partner is the Beagle Freedom Project, which secures the release of dogs and other animals from laboratories around the world that have been used for testing.

Nadia is a senior at Florida International University pursuing a major in Public Relations and a minor in Social Media Marketing . In addition to writing, she has a zeal for anything related to fashion and beauty. Nadia loves to travel and experience new cultures, not to mention trying delicious foods on the way. In her free time, she enjoys watching funny dog videos.