This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Pineapple patterns are up and coming! Almost anywhere you go, there are pineapple statuettes, binders, notebooks, and lights. Many trendy stores such as Target, HomeGoods and Forever 21 carry these patterns. But why are they a current trend? What has made pineapples a staple accessory? It first roots back to the infamous quote “Be a Pineapple, stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside.” Many young people love this quote, and crave the uniqueness that it is a fruit. Shortly after, once the trends of bows and Skull Candy finally subsided, the emergence of new trendy accents came about. The thought of taking something so simple and on its own and yet creating a large fad was something crazy thought about. The elephant, pineapple, and stars really took off and can be seen on shirts, necklaces, earrings, and room decorations.  Personally speaking, I have a couple of pineapple posters in my room, along with adorable pineapple tops and one fabulous pair of earrings. I asked myself the same question, as to why I love this fruit as a design so much. It brings out the confidence in myself, that while I may be as sweet as a pineapple, I want to stand tall and proud like a pineapple. I want to be a better version of myself and strive to walk to confidence in that sense. Most youth have trouble finding that, which is why many lean on a symbol to strengthen that value.  Don’t worry! Etsy usually has the best products for that. 

Hey guys! My name is Sophia Viteri (but my gal pals call me Sophie) and I am from Miami, Florida. I am a current student at FIU studying Nursing with a minor in psychology. I love to write in my spare time, especially poetry. Shopping, traveling, and trying new places is a big plus in my everyday life. I hope you, the readers, love my content!