Sunset Ocean Beach Sky Evening
Sunset Ocean Beach Sky Evening
Charlotte Reader / Her Campus

Ballin’ On A Budget: Free Things To Do in Miami

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

1. The most obvious: the beach

• The phrase “we live where you vacation” is too accurate. We are surrounded by beautiful beaches. Take advantage of them this summer! Work on that tan, while wearing sunscreen of course, read a book, go paddleboarding, have a picnic, etc. The options of what you can do at the beach are endless.  

2. Wynwood

• The most common place to take an IG pic. Wynwood is full of beautiful art that you can see for free. There is so much art that it might take you multiple trips to really see it all. 

3.  Bayfront Park

• Bayfront Park is peaceful, overlooks the water, and overall beautiful. You can bring a blanket and chill, do yoga, bike around the area, roller skate, etc. It’s the ultimate chill spot.

4. Visit Little Havana on Calle Ocho 

• In Little Havana, the Cuban culture is so strong. It almost feels like you are stepping into a portal and getting transported to Cuba. There are places that serve authentic food, cafes that sell Cuban coffee, a park where many play dominos, etc. Immersing yourself in Cuban culture (whether you are Cuban or not) can connect you to new ideas, places, people, etc. 

5. Explore the Art Deco District in Miami Beach

• The Art Deco District (the setting for iconic movies such as Scarface, Bad Boys, Birdcage, etc.) is full of the iconic structures that Miami is known for. The Art Deco District is pastel and pretty during the day and bright and neon during the night. Regardless, the Miami Beach architecture looks pretty any time of day. Take a walk around the district with some friends and see where the day takes you. 

6. Visit museums on free days: