All You Need is Love… And These V-Day Drinks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

The most romantic day of the year is approaching and a lot of love birds are going to be scrambling to find last minute plans or reservations. This year, everyone will want to check out these local Miami sites to experience these unique cocktails that are perfect for the special occasion. 

1) Peculiar Athenian 
1 oz Hendricks 
.5 oz FOS
.5 oz Pineapple Juice 
.25 oz Lemon Juice 
Topped off with Prosecco 

Cocktail featured at Ricky’s 
1222 16th St, Miami Beach, FL 33139

Topped off with some Prosecco , theres nothing like a few bubbles to really get in the flirtatious spirit of valentines day. The Peculiar Athenian cocktail made with FOS Greek Mastiha liqueur will definitely get the Greek gods of love and romance on your side.

2) Rose Paloma
2.0 oz Allaire Crystal aged tequila 
1/4 oz fresh grapefruit juice 
0.25 oz fresh lime juice
0.25 oz agave nectar 
0.25 oz club soda 
Rose gold dust on the rim 

Cocktail featured at Tamarina 
600 Brickell Ave, Miami, FL 33131

Made with Allaire Crystal aged tequila, this pink grapefruit and lime cocktail rimmed with rose gold salt flakes is sure to impress any lover. Whether it’s a new fling or an old romance, a few sips of this luxury cocktail and you’ll find yourself wanting to move the V-day festivities back home. 

3) Raspberry Mojito
2 lime slices, cut into wheel shape
1 sprig fresh mint
2 ounces or 1/4 cup white rum
1/2 ounce raspberry liqueur
Ice cubes, as needed
Raspberry, for garnish

Cocktail featured at Son Cubano Miami
2530 Ponce de Leon BlvdCoral Gables, FL 33134

This rosy raspberry mojito, featured in the new and exciting Son Cubano restaurant in Coral Gables,  is the perfect love potion to take your average dinner for two and turn it into a romantic evening you’ll both want to keep replaying. 

Wherever you decide to spend your special day, make sure to enjoy the best of what Miami has to offer!