This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I have always loved beauty pageants. And the Miss Universe competition is back! The organization announced on Thursday, March 4, that its 69th edition will be taking place in Hollywood, Florida, on Sunday, May 16, at 8pm eastern time.

After a year-and-a-half delay the competition will air live from the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, where about 90 contestants from around the world will dispute the Miss Universe crown.

The Miss Universe competition will air in more than 160 territories and countries around the globe. We will be able to watch this year’s Miss Universe on FOX and in Spanish on Telemundo.

Miss South Africa Zozibini Tunzi, who was crowned in 2019, has worn the Miss Universe crown longer than any other.

Who will be crowned this year?

Here are my top 5 contestants:

Armenia

Monika Grigoryan

Monika Grigoryan is 21-years-old from Vanadzor, Armenia. She is a senior at Yerevan Brusov State University of Languages and Social Sciences majoring in linguistics and foreign languages. She works as a communications specialist within public relations at a logistics company and works as a translator for people across the globe.

Indonesia

Ayu Maulida Putri

Ayu Maulida is a competitive Muslim woman. She loves challenges. She’s been modeling she was 15 and is passionate about fashion. She graduated from Airlangga University with a bachelor’s degree in law and plans to become a lawyer in the future.

Nicaragua

Ana Marcelo

Ana Marcelo is 24-years-old and an agro-industrial engineer. She considers herself a proactive, disciplined and supportive person. She has worked with various social projects like, “Dar Para Salvar,” a social campaign she created to help medical staff create biosecurity kits.

Panama

Carmen Jaramillo

Carmen Jaramillo is a 26-years-old who divides her time studying two careers, journalism at the University of Panama, and psychology at the Latin University of Panama while working as a model. In the midst of the pandemic, she founded the Connect Your Power movement.

Romania

Bianca Lorena Tirsin

Bianca Lorena Tirsin is a 22-year-old business administration student at Aurel Vlaicu University in Arad. She manages her own online shop that promotes confidence with the use of oral health care products. She works with multiple organizations like Cetatea Voluntarilor Arad, which focuses in rehabilitating hospitals and fundraising for impoverished areas of her community.

Hilary is a senior studying Digital Broadcast Media at Florida International University. She enjoys beach walks, reading, writing, exercising, and anything with coffee. Her ultimate goal is to become a news anchor for the Hispanic media.