6 Semi-Effortless Hairstyles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

We’ve all quickly scrolled through pictures on our feed with captions that hashtag #HairGoals. Due to our schedules, most of us don’t have time to sit through hair tutorials and come up with a fancy do for the day. Hair doesn’t always have to be a hassle. Here are six easy, effortless hair styles that will make it seem as if you totally DID put effort into them.

1. Half-Up Ponytail:

Just grab a small section hair at the top of your head and secture it with an elastic. To add the “effort” look, take a small peice from the ponytail, wrap it around with the elastic and secure it with a bobby pin. *pro-tip: This looks great with day old curls or toussled hair and can be worn for literally any occasion.

photo by:  @catanoglam

2. Top-knot:

To create this style, do the same thing you did for the half-up pony, but instead of wrapping a piece of hair around the elastic, wrap up the entire half-pony into a loose bun and secure it with a bobby pin. *pro-tip: this trendy hairstyle can be worn for any occasion (even for running errands) and will always look good.

photo by: @catanoglam

3. Hidden Braid Crown:

Section 2 small parts towards the front of your head on the right and left side. Then, braid both sections towards the lower-back of your head and secture each with an elastic to prevent them from falling apart. Section a part of your hair on the crown of your head. Now, hide the two braids under this section and pin down with bobby pins. Let the crown part down and you’re done! *pro-tip: YES, it did take a tad-bit more effort, but this style is great for a date night or Sunday Brunch.

photo by: @catanoglam

4. Messy-Braided Ponytail:

Take the two braids you did for the Hidden Braid Crown and hold them towards the front while you work with the rest of your hair. Pick up the rest of your hair into a low ponytail and secure it with an elastic. Now, take each braid (one-by-one), wrap them around the low ponytail and secure each with bobby pins. *pro-tip: Add some hairspray to secure the braids even more. This style is great for weddings, dinners, or any time you wanna flare up your hair game.

photo by: @catanoglam

5. High Ponytail:

Brush your hair into a high ponytail and secure with an elastic. Take a small section of the ponytail and braid it. Wrap the braid around the elastic and secure it with a bobby pin. *pro-tip: If you’re hair is dirty, add dry shampoo and shake it out before brushing it into a ponytail. This look is perfect for school.

photo by: @catanoglam

6. Bubble Ponytail:

Brush your hair into a high ponytial. Take up to as many clear elastics as needed (medium-long hair length needs about 4). Once your original ponytail is secured, begin securing the rest of your pony by sections. This may seem hard to understand, but if you just copy the picture, you’ll see what I mean. *pro-tip: if your hair is layered, take smaller sections of hair between elastics. This style is chic and trendy for day time or night time events.

photo by: @catanoglam

Hope you try out these quick, easy, and totally trendy hairstyles, living up to the definition of #HairGoals! 

xoxo, Gaby