Living in Miami, us gals ALWAYS want to keep our bodies in tiptop shape. If you’re like me, you know that’s easier said then done! You’re super motivated and you promise yourself that you’ll stay on track… which lasts approximately three days. Then you’re bored and back on the couch.
Most college students give up their diet-and-exercise plan because it’s bland and boring, and you’re too stressed not to reach into that cookie jar… 20 times. But it doesn’t have to be! Check out 5 ways to shake up your diet so you’ll stay motivated!
- Swap ingredients for healthier (but still yummy!) meals
Pinterest is FILLED with different fun healthy recipes! Going by the following directions makes the meal in the picture above:
Creamy Mac and Cheese (with Greek yogurt instead of cream)
From Cooking ala Mel
◦ 8 ounces (about 2 cups) whole-wheat elbow pasta
◦ 8 ounces (about 2 cups) shredded cheddar cheese
◦ ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
◦ 2 cups fresh spinach
◦ Salt and pepper, to taste
◦ ¼ teaspoon onion powder
◦ ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook macaroni according to the package’s instructions.
- Place the spinach leaves in the bottom of the strainer and pour pasta over top to drain and wilt the spinach. Save ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Return cooked macaroni and wilted spinach to the pot. Add ¼ of the reserved pasta water to the pot and stir in cheese until melted.
- Stir in Greek yogurt, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in remaining pasta water to thin if necessary.
- Buy some cute workout clothes
Let’s face it: one of the main reasons you started your diet is because it’s an excuse to buy that super cute legging/tank combo. No judgment here! Every girl has the right to look hot going to the gym. Buying the right (fashionable) items to work out in can encourage you to actually exercise.
- Grab a buddy and bring on the competition
You know who makes anything more fun? Your friends! Or your mom. Or maybe a sibling. Try working out or sticking to a diet with someone else. It’s a great way to spend time together, and the competition will motivate you to work even harder!
- Switch it up
Mix your workouts up so you don’t get bored!
- Get techy
Keep track of your diet by using one of the million apps out there!