This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

With the end of winter break, the spring semester is quickly upon us. Is your mind still on vacation? No worries, here are five tips to get your mind back on school mode ASAP.

1. Set an alarm.

Winter break called for all-nighters and sleeping in all day but school unfortunately does not. Get your sleeping schedule back by setting an alarm to remind you to go to sleep and wake up in time for your classes. After some rude awakenings, your sleeping schedule should go back to normal and your night owl status will be on hibernation mode until further notice.

2. Read the syllabi for your classes.

There’s no better way to get ready for your classes than by reading the syllabi for each of your classes. By doing this, you’ll be able to see your professors’ grading scales, policies, required textbooks, deadlines, assignments and exam dates. You’ll be able to see what you’re going to be spending the next few months doing and you can mentally prepare yourself for what’s to come.

3. Buy the textbooks for your classes.

Get ready to slay the spring semester by buying the textbooks for your classes early. Check your syllabi to make sure what books you’ll need for the semester so you avoid buying the wrong ones. Make a list of all of the textbooks that you need to make your life easier when you go shopping for them. Reminder: the campus bookstore price matches textbooks so you can buy or rent them for the same price as Amazon and Barnes & Noble without paying extra for shipping.

4. Buy a planner.

A planner will let you stay on task with school, work, and anything else in your life. Write down deadlines and other important information so that you’re never caught by surprise with a term paper. Your planner will help you dominate the spring semester and it’ll keep you organized.

P.S. You can find super cute planners at the campus bookstore!

5. Don’t stress.

Stay positive! Listen to music, do yoga, or anything else that calms you down. Don’t get overwhelmed by your assignments, readings and deadlines. Don’t stress out so early in the semester because you’ll only risk your grades and your health. Keep good vibes throughout the semester and I promise you’ll shine brighter than the stars.

Cover Photo

Hi there! My name is Jillian Herrera and I'm currently a Freshman attending Florida International University's Honors College. I'm majoring in History on a Pre-Law track. When I'm not writing, I enjoy helping others, watching Netflix, listening to music, eating Taco Bell, making sure my Instagram feed is "aesthetic," doing my makeup, and shopping. Being negative? As if! My motto is good vibes.