5 Trending Halloween Makeup Looks That Are Easy To Recreate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Here’s a gentle reminder that Halloween is next week.

With midterms and life happening, it’s totally okay if you feel unprepared! To help ease your struggle, here are 5 easy DIY Halloween makeup looks that require little time and products you probably already have.

1. Black + WHITE SwaN

The fan-favorite 2010 Darren Aronofsky film, Black Swan, has gained newfound popularity among the Gen-Z crowd. Guess we can all relate to Nina’s debilitating fear of being imperfect…no pressure.

But really, the Black or White Swan makeup from the movie is easy to recreate. All you need is some good pigmented black and white eye shadow and great pair of false lashes.

A YouTube tutorial should help you accomplish the rest and if you’re really feeling inspired, feel free to add some red-eye contacts to complete the look.

2. Mean Girls

The classic film Mean Girls has maintained its relatability for 17 years. Even though many of us were babies at its release, the movie has remained a timeless representation of female social dynamics.

Becoming a Plastic is actually a lot easier than you think! The most important thing is to incorporate a lot of pink into your makeup look, so pile on the blush and glitter.

Once you have that down, throw on your favorite Y2K inspo outfit and go make fetch happen!

3. Werewolves + Vampires

These two looks are super easy to recreate at home using products you already own! They’re also a breeze to style because their costume pieces aren’t demanding.

For the werewolf look, try playing around with different colored concealers and brown eyeshadows to create the illusion of fur on your face. Pop in some yellow contacts and you’re ready.

For the vampire, stick to a foundation that’s about two shades lighter than usual and draw on deep undereyes. Use white or transparent stiletto press-on nails for some quick fangs. Just don’t put actual nail glue on your teeth!

4. 3D Spider

A simple and underrated pick from this list, a freakishly realistic 3D spider is easier to draw than you think and retains all its creepy properties.

All you need to complete this look is a black lipstick or liner, glitter, and a highlighter. Although the line work might be difficult at first, watch a tutorial to follow along and keep practicing.

The key to this look is to draw on shadows created by the lines so that it seems like the spider is quite literally sitting on your face. When done right, this look is incredibly unsettling.

5. STITCHED UP

For those of us feeling extra lazy, this look is the way to go. The only tool you need is a black eyeliner to draw stitches across your face!

I love this look because it’s versatile, you can use your stitches to dictate the rest of your costume. You can be a mummy, zombie, or Botox patient gone wrong!

The possibilities are truly endless with this look and anyone can recreate it. If you feel like taking it up a notch, you can always go back and add eyeshadow or lipstick.

What’s your favorite lazy Halloween beauty hack?

Follow DANIELA on Instagram.

Daniela Gonzalez is a 21-year-old HerCampus Writer at Florida International University. She is currently double-majoring in Political Science and International Relations while acquiring certificates in Pre-Law and National Security. She enjoys writing about lifestyle, wellness, and politics. When she is not writing, she loves to travel, go out to eat, and spend time with her friends and family.