5 Must See Movies this November!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Grab your pop corn, candy and favorite soda and hit the movies this November! 

1.      The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay Part 1

If you’ve seen the last one, Hunger Games: Catching Fire, you definitely won’t want to miss this one! The end of the last movie leaves you wanting more…. And now you’ll get it! If you haven’t seen the other movies before this, be sure to watch them before it comes out in theaters on November 21st! Check out the official trailer!

2.      The Theory of Everything

This movie is perfect for anyone interested in true stories and history! It tells the story of the relationship Steven Hawking, a famous physicist, had with his wife. Lou Lumenick of the New York Post said, “[the movie is] visually imaginative, The Theory of Everything is an unusually compelling true-life story about an extraordinary couple triumphing over adversity. It’s my favorite movie so far this year.” This movie came out November 6th! Here’s the trailer:

3.      Jessabelle

For those of you who miss the spirit of Halloween, this movie is right for you! Jesabelle is the story of a woman, Jessabelle, who returns to her Louisiana home after a horrible car accident, only to find that she is being haunted by a tormented spirit who has been awaiting her return. This movie was released on November 6th! Brace yourself for the movie by watching the trailer!

4.      Beyond the Lights

In this romantic drama, an LA police officer, Kaz, and a rising British pop star, Noni, fall into a whirlwind of love after Kaz saves her from a suicide attempt. The producer for this movie, Gina Prince Bythewoods, is best known for The Secret Life of Bees and Love and Basketball.  This movie comes out in theaters this weekend on November 14th!

5.      Horrible Bosses 2

Get ready to laugh! Your favorite trio; Dale, Kurt and Nick, decide to start their own business in the sequel to 2011’s Horrible Bosses! However, as expected, things don’t exactly turn out as planned! This movie hits theaters on November 25th!

Mary Corbin is a Sophomore at Florida International University studying Broadcast Journalism and Political Science. She hopes to become a reporter in Washington, D.C. Mary is very involved on and off campus. She is a Lower Division senator for the Student Government Association, a Morale Captain for Dance Marathon, Public Relations Coordinator for the Miss FIU Pageant and a member of a Panhellenic organization. She is also very passionate about helping children with disabilities. Every year she volunteers at Brucie Ball Educational Center, a school for children with disabilities.