This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

With 2018 firmly behind us and 2019 officially in full swing, it’s time to start looking at the year ahead of us and decide what we’re going to do — or, more importantly, what we’re going to read. The good news? There are so many amazing books releasing in 2019 that there is no shortage of options. The romance genre is bigger, better, and more diverse than ever before — meaning we have a lot of reading to do. Not sure where to start? We’ve got you covered.

1. The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren

Release Date: May 14th, 2019

The dynamic and unstoppable writing duo behind Josh & Hazel’s “Guide to Dating” is back at it again with another romance novel that is sure to satisfy aaaaaall your needs. A tropical destination? Check. An enemies-to-lovers trope? Check. Fake marriage? Check!

You heard that right. The Unhooneymooners promises all of the above and more in Christina Lauren’s latest novel, told through the eyes of Olive, who is offered the opportunity to go on an all expenses paid trip to Hawaii after her sister’s entire wedding party gets food poisoning. The downside? She has to go with her sworn enemy, Ethan. When they must pretend to be on their honeymoon to appease her future boss, things get… well, you’ll have to read the book to find out. But trust me: you’ll want to find out.

2. Don’t Date Rosa Santos by Nina Moreno

Release Date: May 14th, 2019

Rosa Santos is cursed. At least, that’s what she’s been told. “Don’t Date Rosa Santos”, first book by debut author Nina Moreno, explores the complex relationship between culture and freedom through Rosa Santos, a Cuban-American girl caught between who she is and who she wants to be. Set against the dreamy backdrop of a small town in south Florida, the novel will explore Rosa’s complex history while bringing us into her world — and her relationship with the mysterious boy in the marina.

3. The Bride Test by Helen Hoang

Release Date: May 7th, 2019

Helen Hoang’s, “The Kiss Quotient”, was an instant success last year as it told the story of a woman with Asperger’s on a mission to learn how to love. “The Bride Test”, Hoang’s sophomore release, follows Khai Diep — an autistic man who is convinced he won’t fall in love. When his family seeks out a bride for him from Ho Chi Minh city, the last thing either one of them expects is to actually fall in love… yet, that’s exactly what happens.

4. On The Come Up by Angie Thomas

Release Date: February 5

If you haven’t heard of Angie Thomas yet… well, where have you been? Her debut novel “The Hate U Give” was an immediate success, snagging a movie-starring Amandla Stenberg and bringing the subject of police brutality to the YA scene. Thomas’ newest novel, “On the Come Up”, follows 16-year-old Bri, who’s trying to make it in the rap scene. When her emotional song goes viral for all the wrong reasons, Bri has to decide between giving into what the public wants to see, possibly saving her family in the process, or staying true to herself.

5. Field Notes on Love by Jennifer E. Smith

Release Date: March 5

Post-graduation, Hugo is looking forward to his All-American road trip with his girlfriend, Margaret Campbell. When she breaks up with him before the trip, things begin to start looking grim — the tickets are in her name, and there isn’t another Margaret. That is, until Hugo places an ad online looking for someone with the same name. Margaret Campbell, or Mae, wants nothing more to escape from her reality and the rejection from USC’s grad school. When the opportunity arises to go on a cross country road trip with a total stranger… well, it’s almost too perfect to pass up. But what happens when life outside their arrangement begins to settle in?

The name is Delanie -- pronounced del uh knee -- and I love to write and wonder about arts, culture, politics, and everything in between. Keep up with me on IG! @delaniegarcia