5 Food Hotspots Worth Visiting in Miami

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

jaya at the setai

In the mood for Indian or Asian inspired dishes? Jaya at the Setai is the perfect spot with dishes ranging from shrimp to wagyu dim sums to Pad Thai and Chicken Tikka — the Jaya offers a variety of fusion cuisine. The truffle dumplings and naan bread are a MUST. It’s a great place to brunch or dine in with friends as there is occasional live music and performances. The Setai also offers an ocean side view at The Ocean Grill — serving Italian dishes and great music, it is an amazing way to spend your Saturday afternoon.

mister 01

Located in the heart of Miami, Coconut Grove, and Pembroke Pines, Mister 01 is best known for their delicious star shaped 13″ pizza. The menu includes a wide variety of pizza options to choose from as well as various calzones. With its fresh tomato sauce and ricotta filled crust, Mister 01’s signature pizza is the “Star Lucca” — and it’s other selections definitely live up to the restaurant’s hype!

Puffles

The Hong-Kong based ice cream spot is located between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, directly on Hollywood Beach near the Margaritaville Beach Resort. Puffle’s includes a various amount of flavors such as Oreo Brownie, Dulce de Leche, and Cookie Dough as well as the option to build your own waffle cone. The signature favorites like the ‘Pocket Full of Sunshine’ cone pictured below (left) is also to die for!

Pura vida miami

Whether you’re searching for an aesthetically pleasing spot to enjoy breakfast and lunch or looking for a place to study while drinking an iced latte, Pura Vida Miami is the place for you. With over nine locations all over South Florida, Pura Vida is a husband and wife establishment that focuses on delivering organic dishes and promoting health.

“WHETHER YOU ARE THE HEALTH CONSCIOUS 20 SOMETHING, THE ATHLETE, THE SOCCER MOM, DOG MOM, THE FOODIE, WHOEVER YOU ARE WE HAVE SOMETHING FOR YOU.”

Sergio’s restaurant

With locations all over Miami and one in Pembroke Pines, Sergio’s Restaurant is a woman founded, local Cuban restaurant with a diverse food menu. Known for their popular croquetas, Sergio’s is also recognized for their breakfast and signature ‘Sergio’s Frita’ — a burger made up of chorizo and beef meat paired with tasty french fries.

Since it’s family establishment in 1975, Sergio’s remains a renowned local business in the community of Miami, Florida.

Miami is a place full of excitement and you never know what to expect. But to really live out the full Miami experience, trying local restaurants and cafe’s is an essential. Whether you’re craving an iced coffee or a few croquetas, Miami has just what you’re searching for and more.

Samantha joined Her Campus in January 2022 and has continued as a writer. Based in Miami, Florida and is currently a Public Relations student at Florida International University. Favorite pastimes range from art and writing to music and traveling. Enjoys watching movies, going out, and watching sports games.