Dope Girls Fun Music Festival Hats
Dope Girls Fun Music Festival Hats
Lexi Tokarski / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

5 Essential Items You Need at your First Rave

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Despite the tragic worldwide pandemic of 2020, music festivals are slowly coming back to its full potential. This past weekend, EDC Orlando hosted its comeback event after canceling the show last year. If you are a first time raver (or just need a little reminder) here are 5 recommendations on what to pack to have the best time of your life!

1. Earplugs: As you may (or may not) know, the festival music is pretty loud. The music usually reaches high levels of decibels, which can cause permanent damage to your ears. To avoid this, many ravers wear earplugs, especially if you are attending for more than one day.
  2. Comfortable Shoes: Festivals like EDC Orlando can go from 10am until 12am, therefore comfortable shoes are the essential key to lasting all day. If you are planning on taking brand new shoes, make sure you break them in before the event. Trust me, you won’t regret leaving the vans or converse at home!
  3. Backpack or Fanny Pack: Although you might not want to take too many things, you should definitely bring a small bag to carry necessary items like your phone and wallet. If you are planning to stay throughout the day, I recommend investing in a hydration backpack.
  4. Sunglasses: Funky glasses to match your outfit (or just for sun protection) almost everyone at the festival will be wearing sunglasses. It might not be an essential, but it wont hurt to pack them!
  5. Sweater or Jacket: Last item on the list is a sweater or a jacket. Attending ALL day means you need to be ready for ALL kinds of weather. The temperature at EDC Orlando ranged from 80 degrees to as low as 50 degrees! With the huge crowds you might think you’re not going to get cold, but just in case it is recommended to pack a light jacket for your convenience.
Travel Enthusiast & Marketing Major