This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

People solving and covering up murders, forming a society, fighting the Demogorgon and surviving tragedies is normal in shows nowadays. These wild and unlikely events give people a chance to escape from the real world and witness what it would be like to live the lives of their favorite characters. Thankfully for those looking to imagine the impossible, Netflix provides multiple shows for its viewers to choose from. Below are five shows everyone should binge-watch.

Grey’s Anatomy

Grey’s Anatomy is officially returning on September 26 with its 16th season! This highly successful show centers around Doctor Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo), her friends and their lives as surgeons. With Grey’s once-in-a-lifetime romance, loyal friends, and dramatic experiences, Grey’s Anatomy always knows how to leave its viewers in total shock. Glamour shares that while the future is yet to be determined, Pompeo seems confident in the show, especially while ranking number one on ABC. Hollywood Reporter observes that Grey’s Anatomy is the “longest-running primetime medical drama” and it is “ABC’s highest-rated drama series.” Although catching up on 15 seasons might seem intimidating, its unwavering ability to always keep viewers ready for more should inspire confidence in people who are still undecided.

How to Get Away with Murder

Vulture informs that How to Get Away with Murder focuses on Annalise Keating (Viola Davis), a law school professor and criminal defense lawyer, who chooses a group of five law students to help her with murder cases. Season one is all about one specific murder and flashbacks provide viewers with clues that can help them try to solve it. As more clues are revealed, shocking truths are made known, leaving people wondering what the show’s writers have planned. As mentioned by Hollywood Reporter, ABC announced that season six will bring How to Get Away with Murder to a close. Seasons one through five are available for viewing on Netflix and the first episode of the season will premiere on September 26 on ABC. 

Riverdale

Archie Andrews (KJ Apa), Betty Cooper (Lili Reinhart), Veronica Lodge (Camila Mendes), and Jughead Jones (Cole Sprouse) are four friends whose lives in the town of Riverdale are constantly rattled. The words “murder mystery” serve as the main theme throughout all three seasons of the show, and who can better solve murders than this group of danger seekers? Season four is confirmed and is set to premiere on October nine on The CW. KJ Apa shared with Seventeen that they are “going back to [their] roots this season.” Viewers will see season one vibes in the new episodes, alongside more musicals, a Halloween episode, and a crossover with a new series called Katy Keene featuring Lucy Hale.

The Society

After an entire high school class comes back from their field trip, they find their whole town completely isolated. The students are trapped due to their roads being mysteriously cut off, their resources are declining, and there is no calling for help. Having no one but each other, they must figure out where they are, how to get back home and prevent high school students from becoming dangerous. A group of friends led by Allie Pressman (Kathryn Newton) work to create a society that ensures everyone’s safety above all else. Luckily for its devoted viewers, a season two for The Society has been confirmed! Cosmopolitan writes that Allie has greater plans for her and the town, characters Campbell, Lexie, and Harry will be deciding the town’s fate from now on, and viewers might get to see more behind what was shockingly revealed in the season one finale.

Stranger Things

In the town of Hawkins, characters Mike Wheeler (Finn Wolfhard), Lucas Sinclair (Caleb McLaughlin), and Dustin Henderson (Gaten Matarazzo) work together to find their friend, Will Byers (Noah Schnapp), who has mysteriously disappeared. The trio finds a girl named Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown) who has psychokinetic powers, which helps them to confirm that something sinister is taking place in their small town. Soon enough, other characters begin to gather pieces to solve this mystery. According to DigitalSpy, the fourth season is in store and producer Shawn Levy believes there is a possibility of filming the fifth season in the future. Season three gave its characters their endings, yet the post-credits left the show’s viewers with many questions. Fortunately for those interested in watching the series, there is time to watch all 25 episodes, since an official season four release date for Stranger Things has not yet been announced.

Andrea Leyva is a student at Florida International University, majoring in Communications. Her interests include learning about the behind the scenes of movies and tv shows, reading, and listening to music. She also enjoys hanging out with friends, watching plays, going to theme parks, and traveling. Andrea is very excited to share what she is passionate about through her articles!