This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.
Halter Tops

Halter tops are coming in hot for the summer, and many clothing stores are coming out with a variety of styles for you to shop. These tops are refreshing and scream “summer!” I would recommend stocking up on these as the season is approaching and going for bright colors that will truly liven up your wardrobe. The best part about these tops is that you can dress them up or down, so you can make them work with almost any outfit. 

3-Piece Swimsuits

As the summer approaches, I see more and more stores come out with 3-piece swimsuits that usually bring the traditional top and bottom, plus a cute cover-up. This adds an extra touch to your beach or pool outfit and can be an asset when you’re out of the water. I mainly see cover-up skirts with this trend, and I think those look the nicest with swimsuits. 

Floral Hawaiian Print

This print is making a comeback in swimsuits, tops, dresses – you name it. Floral patterns may not stay trendy past summer, but it’s nice to at least own a couple of items with this print as the season approaches, given that it will probably stay relevant for a bit. It provides a splash of color and excitement to any outfit and will definitely be giving off summer vibes! 

Rachel is currently an English Major at Florida International University. She loves fashion, movies, books, and theater. Her dream is to move to California and work for a publishing company while she auditions for acting roles on the side. The arts are her passion, and this includes writing! If you ever want to discuss any of these things with her, feel free to reach her at her Instagram @rachelglez.