This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

If you’re like me and you have to spend countless hours behind the wheel and music just can’t do it anymore, then you’re in for a treat!

Here are three podcast suggestions that you might enjoy listening to while you are commuting to class, going for a walk, or simply sitting down and taking some time to relax.

Modern Love

The famous NY Times column ‘Modern Love’ can finally be enjoyed through an audio platform. These essays featuring topics about love, loss, and redemption are performed by actresses and actors like Mira Sorvino, Dakota Fanning and Michelle Rodriguez. 

Hey, Girl- Alex Elle

Alex Elle sits with different women to interview them and hear about their fantastic life stories. The podcast focuses on the importance of self-care and how-to’s when it comes to shaking off negativity. This one is for all these #girlbosses that are in need of a motivation boost.

TED Talks

This podcast is for those seeking to learn about intriguing subjects and listen to motivational speakers. If you love to hear about individual’s compelling stories and interesting personalities, then this podcast is the one for you. Make sure to grab some paper and a pen prior to listening, you’re going to want to write A LOT of the things that they say.

Nathaly is a twenty-something communications major at FIU. She's obsessed with learning how to be her own hero and believes in the healing power of a good conversation and a cup of coffee.