person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

3 Insta-Worthy Places in Miami

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Let’s be real, everyone loves a good mini-photoshoot, at least once in a while. Although I do not like being in pictures, I love taking pictures of beautiful scenery, unique locations, and of my friends! Whether you’re a model, photographer, or just someone who loves a cool looking place, here are three places to hit up!

Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science

The Frost Science Museum can be fun and educational for all ages. This museum has six floors to scour through and is an interesting place to visit with family and friends. The museum has a floor that mimics nature’s bioluminescence, three floors of aquariums, and a planetarium. They also have other exhibitions that are interactive and provide educational information.The Frost Science Museum has various spots to take photos that will fit anyone’s aesthetic, but the museum has more to enjoy past taking pictures.

Zoo Miami

Zoo Miami may remind you of your childhood field trips, but there is more to the zoo than school field trips! The zoo is humongous as it serves home for a variety of animals, you can enjoy a walk around the park or ride a safari cycle to get a nice breeze. There is so much to look at and observe at the zoo, you can see some of your favorite animals or even animals you’ve never heard about! The outdoor zoo is a great photo opportunity, as well as, liven up your feed with something different.

Vizcaya Museum and Gardens

The Vizcaya Museum and Gardens. The museum itself is within one of the previous homes of James Deering, which was luxuriously designed in the early 1900s. Truthfully there are no words that can describe the care and attention to detail placed within this home. It is gorgeous, as the architecture is based on Mediterranean Revival and Italian Renaissance style. Outside of the mansion, there is an extensive outdoor garden, and an unbelievable view of the ocean that is just mesmerizing. There are countless of photo opportunities here, which explains why so many people come just for the pictures. Also, the museum has a student discount, which makes it easier for students to afford. 

Gabriella Durand is a senior at Florida International University pursuing her Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics and Nutrition. When not in class, she can be found at club meetings, participating in campus events, or hanging around campus studying with friends. Her goal is to become a Registered Dietitian, but her passions extend to art, fashion, makeup, and food.