3 FIU Gym Classes to Have Fun and Get Fit!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

In this modern day era eating healthy and staying active is an important aspect for many people. However, having to balance college classes, a job, and even time for sleep, may make fitting your exercise time in seem difficult. No need to fear though! In the newly renovated Fitness and Wellness Center, located on FIU’s main campus, they offer a variety of classes starting from as early as 7 AM, to as late as 8 PM. These classes are a great way to meet new people, de-stress from intense class work, and most important get in shape while having fun! Signing up for these classes are super easy; all you have to do is look up studentaffairs.fiu.edu, click the Wellness and Recreation tab, then click Modesto A. Maidique Campus, and lastly select PantherFit Group Fitness Classes. A big list of available classes for the next upcoming days will then appear. With such a vast selection of classes to choose from, how do you know which one you’ll enjoy best? Even though in the end the classes are based upon personal preferences, here are three classes that have been found to be most popular to FIU students: 

#1: Group Cycle

Cycle classes are very trendy nowadays, which explains why these classes fill up so quickly at FIU. This class offers a high energy, calorie burning workout that is bound to make you feel great about yourself. The great thing about this class is that you can adjust the difficulty of the ride to meet your fitness level. 

#2: Gentle Yoga: 

For a more relaxed and feel-good activity, gentle yoga seems to be a top choice at FIU. Gentle yoga provides students with the opportunity to workout while having time to relax, breathe, and de-stress from hard school work all day. This class is a great option to take for your first fitness class at FIU because it involves deep stretching with multiple yoga poses, and finishes off with meditation.

#3: Hard Bodies: 

If your looking for a intense, up-beat, muscle building fitness activity, then this is the class for you! This class focuses on total body strength and total body resistance by using dumbbells, stretch bands, and body bars to perform various activities throughout the class. This class is a great option for students looking to achieve a super toned body, or a way to get in shape fast. 

Overall, all the fitness classes FIU has to offer provide students with great ways to get into shape and have fun; so no matter which class you choose it’s gonna provide you with a great outcome. So what are you waiting for? Go sign up for fitness classes!! 

My name is Lindzey Felzer. I am from South Florida and I have lived here my entire life. While attending Florida International University I am studying psychology on the pre-med track to become a physical therapist. Some things I enjoy doing during my free time include hanging out with friends and family, taking trips to the beach, and going to the dog park. Happy Reading!!