25 Things To Be Thankful For At FIU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Every Thanksgiving many of us are thankful for our family, health, and friends –and of course the feast that we will be devouring this afternoon! While we give thanks to that, many of us forget the small things. This week we asked a wide variety of FIU students on what they thank FIU for. Many were thankful for the faculty, their Greek organization, the University’s endless support, the multicultural environment and even the extended library hours.

Check out what these 25 students are thankful to FIU for: 

1. “I am thankful for FIU’s continued support of my photography and cinematography business.”-Marvel Bishop
  1. “I am thankful for all the wonderful opportunities and experiences FIU has given me thus far, especially the experience of joining my sorority Phi Mu which has made me a better woman and better version of myself” -Mariel N.’15
  1. “I’m thankful for FIU’s Students and Faculty because they have contributed so much value to my life. My surroundings constantly inspire me to live gently and wholeheartedly.” – Giselle C. ’15
  1. “I am grateful for the multicultural atmosphere, it’s unlike any other college.”  -Lucas M. ‘13
  1. “Giving me the environment and culture to proudly embrace who I truly am!” -Luis B. ‘14
  1. “I’m thankful for FIU introducing me to the most powerful group of women, Alpha Xi Delta, because they have encouraged me to Realize my Potential each and everyday.  I am also thankful for the Pollo Tropical in GC because It fills my tummy and still allows me to stay on my college budget.” – Jennifer P. ‘16
  1. “I am thankful for all the wonderful opportunities that I have had the privilege to partake in as well as give back to others within the FIU community. FIU is my home away from home.”-Kenya A. ‘14
  1. “I’m thankful for FIU’s Biscayne Bay campus for its calm and peaceful atmosphere because it fits my personality a lot.” -Tam P. ‘14
  1. “ I am thankful for all the people I have met at FIU: my fraternity, my panther camp family, my leadteam family and all my friends.” -David D. ‘14
  1. “ I am thankful for FIU’s lucky spinning cube during finals because it rubs it’s luck on me (studying doesn’t hurt either.) “ – Isabela C. ‘15 [pagebreak]
  1. “ I’m grateful for FIU’s awesome residence halls because they have full size beds and many living learning communities. -Myriam A. ‘14
  1. “I am thankful for the great academic advisors from the College of Arts and Sciences, the Department of Political Science and International Relations, and The Center for Women and Gender Studies. As someone who is doing more than just one major, their help and advice has gone a long way so I may make a difference in the future.” -Audrey A. ‘15
  1. “I am thankful for the opportunity FIU gives me to further my education.” -Daniel B. ‘14
  1. “I’m thankful to God that FIU has always been able to provide me with a great education, endless opportunities to grow and help others grow, and the best support system which includes staff, friends, and my sisters.” -Samantha H. ‘15
  1. “I’m thankful for FIU’s ever growing Greek life because when I came to Miami I had no one here. Now I have a family in my fraternity.  – Nathan F. ’15
  1. “ As a proud FIU student, I am thankful for the Jamaican artist, who blasts reggae from his boom box, outside of GC every so often. You sir, put a smile on all of our faces with your energy and enthusiasm.” -Mark D. ’15
  1. “I’m thankful for FIU’s Student Affairs staff because they are great mentors to me and have helped shape me into the person I am today.” -Freddy J. ’13
  1. “I am thankful for the support FIU provides its students, in the classroom and outside. It’s because of faculty and staff that want to see students excel that so many of us. But I believe that it goes beyond that. Donors make a huge impact in our education and they also deserve the credit for our success” – Gedma E. ‘14
  1. “I am thankful for FIU’s crack cookies. Another thing I am thankful for at FIU is it’s amazing Greek life.” – Stella R.
  1. “I am thankful for the organizations that FIU has. Without them, I wouldn’t be able to network and grow. I have grown much since I started at FIU and I am really grateful for that.”-Taylor L. ‘14[pagebreak]
  1. “ I’m thankful for GL’s late study hours! We all know that when midterms and finals comes around that Club Lib is the place to be, so thank you for opening your lovely booths and comfy new furniture to us!” – Cristina G. ‘14
  1. “I am thankful for FIU’s Architecture program as far as the helpful professors and all the facilities we have the privilege of using. Not to mention, how going through the program has developed a family with fellow classmates.” – Ashley M.
  1. “I’m thankful for the Bustelo’s on campus providing me with my morning cinnamon cappuccino to get me through the day.” – Jesus M. 16
  1. “I’m thankful for FIU for giving me the opportunity to grow as a leader and helping me realize my passion for medicine!” –Kawi G. ‘14
  1. “I am thankful that FIU appreciates beauty. I am so lucky to attend a school that is clean and cares enough to create beautiful buildings with different shapes and colors. I am also grateful for the statues and the fountains that contribute to the natural beauty of FIU.” – Stephanie W. ‘14

What are you grateful for at FIU? Tweet us @hercampusfiu!

Don’t forget to stay up to date with all the fun on our Facebook page !

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkuah to all!

Laura Hernandez is the founder of Her Campus FIU.  She is currently a junior and is majoring in Political Science, Women's Studies and International Relations. She is also passionate about writing and communications. Laura thinks that Her Campus FIU is the perfect way to connect with collegiettes at FIU's commuter campus.