Style

2024 In: Spring Cleaning

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

As we ring in the new year, winter is waving us goodbye and spring is welcoming us in. The flowers are blooming and the streets awaken from their winter slumber. Everybody always hears about ‘spring cleaning’ but have you ever tried it? What better way to start the new year than with a clean palate? Let’s treat 2023 like that pesky ex you want to get out of your head. You usually start by throwing out everything and anything that reminds you of them, right? Out of sight, out of mind. Do this with 2023! Donate some clothes you know you aren’t actually going to wear anytime soon. Yes, I mean that top from Forever 21 that you bought in 2017 and wore once. As you ransack your closet, pick out the clothes that scream “last season.” Nonetheless, always make sure to leave in your staple pieces; those never go out of style. Take this time to bid adieu to all of the items from the past. Reminisce and kiss them bye-bye! As you kiss winter goodbye and give your closet a warm spring embrace, remember all the memories and, most importantly, remember that fashion isn’t just about clothes but about self-expression! So celebrate all the old clothes and welcome in the new! Decluttering is always a significant mood booster and will help you start the new year on the right foot!

Joanna Llorens assumes the role of a dedicated writer for the Her Campus FIU chapter. Within this dynamic platform, she delves into various topics, showcasing her prowess in journalism. As a journalism major, Joanna brings a fresh perspective to the table, covering a wide array of subjects that captivate the interest of her peers. She loves to cover style and fashion topics. This dedication to journalism is reflected not only in her contributions to Her Campus but also in her academic achievements and involvement in extracurricular activities related to her field of study. Outside of Her Campus, Joanna enjoys painting and sewing. She loves all things paranormal and loves listening to true crime podcasts. She is passionate about reading and writing and is proud to be a part of Her Campus.