element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

12 Days of Christmas Songs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

It’s officially December and the holiday season is finally here! But, before we can open presents and stuff our faces, there’s one last thing to check off our to-do lists: finals. While studying and finishing up your last assignments, these 12 songs are here to help you get into the Christmas spirit.

12) Christmas Eve/Sarajevo- Trans-Siberian Orchestra

photo: source

This rockin’ take on classic Christmas tunes is a great way to start off the season. While the familiar melodies have a special place in any Christmas-lover’s heart, the drums and electric guitar add a unique twist that makes you love them even more. 

11) Mistletoe- Justin Bieber

photo: source

Justin hasn’t always made the best decisions, but releasing this song was definitely a great one. Anyone who grew up as a Justin Bieber fan can’t truthfully say they’ve never fantasized about standing underneath the mistletoe with him.

We should be studying for finals—we know—but, we’d much rather be under the mistletoe… 

10) Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays- *NSYNC

photo: source

While considered a Christmas song, this 90s boy band made sure to include those that celebrate other holidays, too. “No matter what your holiday, it’s a time to celebrate.” They remind us to open our hearts and spread love to everyone, regardless of their beliefs. 

9) El Burrito de Belen (El Burrito Sabanero)- La Rondallita

photo: source

For many Hispanics, this song is a Christmas staple; it brings them back to their childhood. Hearing it on Noche Buena, or singing it in the school Christmas show, are just some of the memories that come flooding back when this song comes on. 

8) Santa Baby- Eartha Kitt

photo: source

Eartha Kitt’s very reasonable requests are the definition of #goals. C’mon Santa, a yacht really is not a lot. 

7) Happy Xmas (War is Over)- John Lennon

photo: source

While wishing everyone a Happy Xmas, Lennon reminds us of another important aspect of the season: peace. Released also as a protest song against the Vietnam War, this song wishes to stop the fighting so we can all have a merry Christmas and a happy new year. 

6) Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree- Brenda Lee

photo: source

It is impossible to go the season without hearing this Christmas classic. You certainly will get a “sentimental feeling” when you hear this song. 

5) Last Christmas- Wham!

photo: source

Even though, unfortunately, George Michael has passed on, he did leave us with one of the greatest Christmas songs of all time. This song will make you want to find someone special to give your heart to— someone who won’t give it away!

4) Jingle Bell Rock- Bobby Helms

photo: source

If you’ve ever gotten a song stuck in your head because of a mechanical dancing Santa Claus, it is without a doubt this song. Considered one of the most popular Christmas songs, Jingle Bell Rock has even made it to the big screen. While “fetch” still may never happen, this song is definitely Regina George-approved. 

3) Feliz Navidad- José Feliciano

photo: source

Who knew that a song with less than 20 different words could make you jam out so hard? Even with the majority of the words in Spanish, this song has managed to become a staple in Spanish and non-Spanish speaking homes alike. 

2) Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer- Gene Autry

photo: source

You know Dasher, Dancer, Prancer Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen. But, we all know that Rudolph is hands-down the most famous reindeer of all. 

1) All I Want For Christmas Is You- Mariah Carey

photo: source

Last, but certainly not least, is possibly the greatest Christmas song of all time. If you haven’t sung this song at the top of your lungs in the car, in the shower or anywhere at all—you’re lying. 

Hope these songs help you get through the last few weeks of school and into the spirit of Christmas! 

thumbnail photo: source