Style > Fashion

Yes, It’s Acceptable To Wear Uggs in Public Again. Here’s Proof.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

Remember when you were in first grade and your pink Ugg boots were the finishing touch on all of your outfits? I do, and honestly, winters just haven’t been the same since Uggs were deemed unstylish. Sure, they might not be the most fashionable shoe, but no shoe has ever been able to replace the coziness of a pair of Uggs. Luckily, fashion is cyclical and we’re deeming it totally acceptable to wear your trusty Uggs once again; we even encourage it. 

Okay, maybe they won’t go with a dress or aren’t the best shoe choice to show up at work in, but for a chill winter day, they are the perfect choice! Celebs from Gigi Hadid to Sarah Jessica Parker have been spotted wearing their Uggs, proving they’re totally acceptable again. Personally, I’m eyeing this unique silver pair. Below, check out our favorite celebs and influencers rocking their favorite Uggs.

Selena Gomez

Selena’s all black ensemble is classic New York City winter fashion.

Caroline Vazzana

Caroline Vazzana always knows how to make a statement. The unexpected pairing of her navy blue Uggs paired with a floral midi skirt screams confidence.

Sarah Sampaio

The model off duty look is one that always holds up. In this case, model Sarah Sampaio is channeling casual chic style in her monochromatic camel colored blazer, dress, bag, and Uggs combo.

Candice Swanepoel

Candice Swanepoel’s fuzzy pink slides are going to be your new go-to.

Hailey Bieber

The caption says it all: who doesn’t want to match with Hailey Bieber?

With the resurgence of Y2K fashion has come the rebirth of the Ugg boot. If you haven’t already, break out your trusty old Ugg boots or invest in a new pair to get you through this winter — you won’t regret it.

Carli is a 2022 grad of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City and served as the style section editor for Her Campus. After being a national style writer for Her Campus, she launched Her Campus FIT. A born and raised Jersey Girl, she is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. In her spare time she loves running, jamming to Taylor Swift, and tracking down the best burgers. Find her on Instagram @carliannescloset.