This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

We live in a world where ghosting is the new norm. When relationships are moving too quickly or friendships become rocky, our generation is cutting off all ties instead of having a simple conversation. 

Ghosing has become such a common trend. When one gets bored or isn’t feeling the connection, it’s easy to just move on. The truth is, people who are ghosting can’t always seem to face their own realities. They do not often have the courage to be upfront about what is on their mind, making them think it’s okay to end things so abruptly. 

Ghosting can be as hurtful as a breakup; but what makes this so unique is that there is no closure. Not having closure can be tricky in itself because it makes those who were ghosted not always have an idea of what exactly happened or what went wrong, which often leads the person who was ghosted to overthink and overanalyze situations. We often believe those who care about us would never do such a thing, which is why this can be very anxiety-inducing and hurtful. 

As mean and wrong as ghosting can be, it is the ultimate form of betrayal. We put so much trust into others and sometimes it seems like it just blows up in our faces. All the memories don’t just vanish, so why does the relationship and or friendship?

When faced with a ghosting situation, it’s important to not let it bring you down and to continue living your best life, no matter how hard it may be without that person. Events like this do not define us and often show us how strong we are.

Alexis Kalil is a senior at the Fashion Institute of Technology studying Fashion Business Management and English. In her free time, she enjoys thrifting, photography, watching Netflix, and traveling.
Carli is a 2022 grad of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City and served as the style section editor for Her Campus. After being a national style writer for Her Campus, she launched Her Campus FIT. A born and raised Jersey Girl, she is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. In her spare time she loves running, jamming to Taylor Swift, and tracking down the best burgers. Find her on Instagram @carliannescloset.