Style

Top 6 “Instagrammable” Places for Quick Photoshoots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

New York City has thousands of spots to take amazing pictures at. It is the perfect place for Gen Z where everyone has a separate virtual life to keep up with. But sometimes it can be difficult to come up with a place right when you need it. Especially if you have a specific theme for your photoshoot. Being a photogenic person, I had my fair share of struggles when it came to taking pictures for social media or just for any personal reason. Here are some amazing places in New York for photoshoots:

1. The Met Cloisters in Fort Tyron Park

99 Margaret Corbin Dr, New York, NY 10040

This place has a museum to visit for free with any amount of money that you want to donate. There are lots of sections with sculptures and other creations. But almost all of them lead to different balconies. Each balcony would give you a vintage palace-looking vibe. It is the perfect spot for formal outfits, long dresses, pictures in motion, etc. In fact, by their gardens, they have some windows with a river view. This place will make you feel like it is your kingdom!

2. Galeria Melissa

500 Broadway New York, New York

It’s a photoshoot AND shopping day! This place always has new pop-up experiences waiting for us. Keep in mind that some pop-ups might be timed per group due to COVID. But it is still worth visiting once a while. You can always search up their updates and color schemes to match your photoshoot theme, outfit colors, etc. The people there, are very welcoming and friendly. Customers often visit their pop-ups without even shopping and that is completely fine!

3. Belvedere Castle in Central Park

Mid Park at 79th street

Of course, Central Park! You guys saw it coming. Let’s be honest. You might be living in NYC all your life, yet you will discover a new spot inside this park that you had no clue about before. But if you are looking for a spot for quick photoshoot and don’t want to walk too much trying to discover a place, this is it! It is fairly close to the streets, so you don’t have to walk too much regardless of how you commute there. This castle overlooks both the lake and the city lights. You can get your casual, fun, or aesthetic Instagram pictures right here.

4. Inwood Hill Park

Payson Ave. &, Seaman Ave, New York, NY 10034

This park is pretty close to the Met Cloisters. But it is a little different. This one has more isolated areas with trees, hills, caves, and connected paths. This is the best place for seasonal photoshoots. Because of the trees and hills, you can try your sporty summer outfits, fall-themed photoshoots, spring, rainy, and so on. Also, different paths lead to different areas, such as beautiful meadows overlooking the water and surrounded by woods. The best part is that the isolated areas do not let anything photobomb you. So, this one place can work as many different locations, just by walking around a bit.

5. Charlotte Bronte Villa

2501 Palisade Ave, The Bronx, NY 10463

If you already haven’t seen this place, you MUST go there at least once. Visit “Europe” via MTA. This is an area in the Bronx where the houses would make you feel like you are on vacation. They have a river view as well as beautiful trees around. The apartments and houses were inspired by some Italian Villas in the earlier days. You can do a whole vacation photoshoot on a Wednesday afternoon!

6. Forest Hills Gardens

71st Avenue, Forest Hills, Queens, NY 11375

This is a small neighborhood in Queens which was originally designed after an English Village. This will give you a taste of the UK in NYC. It has some beautiful and delicious restaurants and cafes with both indoor and outdoor seating areas. The neighborhood completes its beauty by having a train station at the center. There are some benches in the center as well with light posts and flowers. In the evening, this area is mostly crowded and gives you a small-town feeling with people laughing and enjoying their time together. Even after your photoshoot, this place won’t let you leave that fast!

Hi, I’m in Advertising and Digital Design major at SUNY FIT. I got associate's in Communication Design Foundation here we well. I am an intern at Baseline Co. (femtech company) and 2ND Sight Experience (marketing agency). I love reading books, watching movies, exploring new places with friends, and taking pictures.