galentine\'s day party
galentine\'s day party
Krista Stucchio

Throw the Ultimate Galentine’s Day Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

Valentine’s Day is all about love. But what is love without a girl and her besties? This year, spread the love by throwing the ultimate Galentine’s Day Party with your best friends! 

Invites

To start the party planning, make your invitation list. Send out those group texts, emails, and make cute evites to spread the word! Plan to have a certain number of guests based on the space your apartment, dorm, or house can hold. 

Decorate

Once you get all those “yes” RSVP’s, it’s time to get decorating! The best decorations are always at Target. Better yet, the dollar section at Target always has a great variety of items to include (and they’re college budget friendly)! Try your best to make the decorations as “instagrammable” as possible, because we all know the pics will be posted later that night! Think balloons, photo stations, and lots of hearts.

Food

Now onto the good stuff, yes, you guessed it, the snacks! Make a list of everything you would like to have for your guests. On a college budget, it’s easier to make a list and assign what you would like each friend to bring! Check Pinterest for cute Valentine’s Day inspired recipes and treats. P.S. you can never go wrong with heart shaped pizza.

Outfit

Once it is officially party time, you are going to want to look your best and dress cute! Since Valentine’s Day is about love, why not practice some self-love and feel good about yourself? Once you are in your best outfit, with your hair and makeup done, you will be in the loving spirit and ready for all those Instagram pics!

Alexis Kalil is a senior at the Fashion Institute of Technology studying Fashion Business Management and English. In her free time, she enjoys thrifting, photography, watching Netflix, and traveling.
Carli is a 2022 grad of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City and served as the style section editor for Her Campus. After being a national style writer for Her Campus, she launched Her Campus FIT. A born and raised Jersey Girl, she is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. In her spare time she loves running, jamming to Taylor Swift, and tracking down the best burgers. Find her on Instagram @carliannescloset.