The three most emotional scenes of the Harry Potter Saga

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

If it is true that there are quite a few scenes that involve a lot of intense feelings in the entire saga, there are three specific scenes that are heartbreaking for those who accompanied Harry in all his adventures and challenges.

As we have known since the first movie/book in the series, Harry Potter was orphaned when he was just a baby due to Voldemort’s ambition to be the world’s greatest wizard. Then, in his third year, we found out together with Harry that Sirius Black who was named his godfather was the one who betrayed Harry’s parents. We accompany Harry on his quest for justice in which he wants to confront Sirius to find out the reason for his actions. When Harry finally gets a chance to confront Sirius, Professor Lupin steps in, and together they explain the whole story of how they were great friends with James Potter. They tell how Lupine had problems being a werewolf and how the four friends (Remus, Sirius, James, and Peter) became closer when the other three who were only wizards became animagi, so they could accompany Remus when he left. wolf came back The Animagi and the werewolf became inseparable and suffered when Harry’s father passed away.

Then, in our second sentimental scene is the death of Cedric Digory, a character that was introduced in the fourth movie. This character, because he belonged to a house other than Gryffindor, was not very friendly with Harry in public. However, they both helped each other with regard to the challenges they both faced from participating in the Triwizard tournament. At the end of the movie, Harry develops a kind of friendship with Digory, but in the final stage of the tournament they are both transported to a graveyard where they see Voldemort come back to life. Moments later Harry witnessed Voldemort kill Cedric with just one spell. Harry manages to take Cedric back to the camp and we can see how in the scene a somber tone takes over everyone when they realize that Cedric was dead. Those who minutes before were celebrating the return of the competitors were now drowning in tears and screams due to the horrible scene.

“The Ones Who Love Us Never Really Leave Us, You Can Always Find Them In Your Heart”

Sirius Black

Finally, the third scene included in this saddest and emotional scene is when Sirius Black is killed. After the accusation against Sirius for the murder of the Potter family is resolved, Harry and Sirius become very close. After all, Sirius was his godfather and behaved like one once the truth was out. This scene takes place in Harry’s fifth year of school, where Harry falls into a trap by Voldemort, who manipulated Harry into thinking that he was torturing Sirius in the Ministry of Magic building. Harry trying to rescue Sirius heads towards this location with his friends but realizes that everything had been a trap. The group of students takes a lot of damage until Sirius arrives with more wizards to put an end to the raid. During the battle Bellatrix Lestrange, Voldemort’s follower and Sirius Black’s cousin, confronts Sirius and after many attempts finally kills him in front of Harry and his soul and body disappear. Unbelievingly Harry thinks that at any moment Sirius will appear again, and hopefully shouts her name in desperation without receiving an answer. The guilt will haunt him in the future, he will feel responsible for the death of his godfather since it was he, Harry, who allowed himself to be deceived and who put everyone in danger.

I was born in Venezuela at the beginning of the two thousand. I moved to New York City in 2019 with my family and we have been working as a team ever since. Currently, I am studying Fine Arts at the FIT. Class of 2025. My hobbies are watching movies and series as well as reading fiction.