The American People’s Royal Wedding: Lunden Stalling’s and Olivia Bennett Officially Tied The Knot!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

The long-awaited wedding has arrived: Lunden Stallings and Olivia Bennett have finally tied the knot! The young couple, popularly known on TikTok, celebrated their wedding at Naylor Hall in Roswell, Georgia last Saturday. Despite being known for their “Day in the Life” videos, Olivia and Lunden’s engagement in May of 2022 excited many of their followers who were eager to keep up with the wedding planning process.

Their love story began in the summer of 2020 after they bonded over Stalling’s golden retriever, Willow. About a year later, Stallings moved to Atlanta and they both reconnected. Their first TikTok video launching their relationship was posted in the summer of 2021. On the popular platform, the couple is known for demonstrating certain aesthetics such as “Cape Cod lesbians” and are applauded for their personal style. In May of 2022, they both coincidentally proposed to one another after renting a boat in Charleston. In an interview for People Magazine, Stallings recounted the night saying, “We canceled our five-star dinner reservations and got $3 pizza by the slice, a Dr. Pepper, and just ran the streets of Charleston”. 

@lundenandolivia

When you both propose at the SAME TIME with the exact plan, 2 photographers and neither having a clue 😭💘⛵️#lgbtq #proposal #katespadenycabana

♬ Everybody Wants To Rule The World X Electric Love – darcy stokes

Their classic, sophisticated aesthetic was seen throughout their wedding and loved by many. Stallings walked down the aisle first in a silky Safiyaa dress with Sarah Flint shoes. In a very different silhouette, Bennett walked shortly after in a strapless Monique Lhuillier dress with an exaggerated bow on the front. Her gown was accompanied by Stuart Weitzman kitten heels, according to People Magazine. Regarding their “something borrowed,” Stallings borrowed her sister’s wedding veil, while Bennett used her college best friend’s veil.  

To incorporate an elegant theme into their wedding, the brides had their guests dress in “black tie”. The only exceptions were Stallings’s mother, Ashely Gilbow, who represented the “something blue”, and the bridal party, which were featured in white tuxedo jackets and white satin gowns. Bennett explains that while walking down the aisle, she carried blue hydrangeas in honor of her mother who passed away. “My dad will walk me down and my mom will be the first aisle seat in the front row, so I will put those flowers in my mom’s chair, and then I’ll walk back up the aisle with my white bridal bouquet,” she explained in People Magazine. 

To continue the elegance into the reception, Bennett hand-embroidered the letter “S” into linen napkins, which was shown before the wedding in one of their TikTok videos. Along with the personalized napkins, the married couple gave out hats to their guests that said: “From Georgia with love”.

@kenzkustomz

Got to make custom hats for the royal wedding this weekend @Lunden & Olivia 🤍 #kenzkustomz #fyp #customhat #lundenandolivia #wedding

♬ This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) – Natalie Cole

After receiving so much support from their family and followers online for their commitment to each other, they have noticed their impact on the LGBTQ+ community, especially on young girls. “There was nobody back then that looked like us, that was represented as a lesbian. And I even think in my own head I was like, ‘I don’t look like a lesbian.’ But it’s so normalized now and we’re very grateful that we’re part of this movement… We’re just happy to be included,” Bennett said to People Magazine.

As a viewer myself, I was very excited to finally see all of their hard work come together. Whenever I see their wedding pictures, I can hear “Timeless (Taylor’s Version)(From The Vault)” play in my head over and over again. Their love is an inspiration to many and one can only wait to see what lies ahead for the new Mrs. and Mrs. Stallings.

Isabella Noll is a second-year student at the Fashion Institute of Technology and is studying Advertising and Marketing Communications She loves writing and her goal in life is to work for a fashion magazine. She is very passionate about how culture is connected with fashion and enjoys writing about topics involving lifestyle, fashion, and sustainability.