david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Step Aside Ugly Christmas Sweaters – Ugly Halloween Sweaters Are Having a Moment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

As I was scrolling through my Facebook one day, I saw an ad for ugly Halloween sweaters. My initial thought was what is this about and why?. As I scrolled through and thought about it a little more, I realized it is actually pretty cool! Halloween is a holiday where many people celebrate by dressing up in a costume. However, ugly Halloween sweaters are the perfect alternative for those who want to celebrate the Holiday in a different way – especially for those who do not like to dress in a costume.

Similar to ugly Christmas sweaters, they are cozy and are actually pretty cute, regardless of the name. How fun would it be to have a get together with friends in these sweaters and watch old Disney Halloween movies and eat candy!? These sweaters have already put me in the x-mas holiday spirit a little too early! If you’re curious about the trend, I’ve created a list of my favorite ugly Halloween sweaters you’re going to want to add to your cart ASAP. 

Witch, please.

Witch Spellcraft Halloween Sweater, Amazon, $45, shop now

Cute > creepy

Pumpkin Patch Halloween Sweater, HalloweenCostumes, $45, shop now

Casper, is that you?

However It Ghosts Pullover, ModCloth, $59, shop now

It’s just a bunch of Hocus Pocus

Sanderson Witch Museum Sweatshirt, WildHeartsUSA on Etsy, $24, shop now

Are you going to be rocking one of these festive sweaters this year?

Alexis Kalil is a senior at the Fashion Institute of Technology studying Fashion Business Management and English. In her free time, she enjoys thrifting, photography, watching Netflix, and traveling.
Carli is a 2022 grad of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City and served as the style section editor for Her Campus. After being a national style writer for Her Campus, she launched Her Campus FIT. A born and raised Jersey Girl, she is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. In her spare time she loves running, jamming to Taylor Swift, and tracking down the best burgers. Find her on Instagram @carliannescloset.