Nail art
Nail art
Original photo by Alaysia Hicks
Style > Beauty

The New Nail Culture Your Nails Are Dying To Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

The COVID-19 shutdown has inspired us in so many ways, and we are becoming more independent when it comes to pampering ourselves in 2020 – it’s about time! With the amount of money we spend on hair, nails, and everything else, our wallets needed the rest! Salons around the U.S shuttered for months, and people started doing their own manicures. Creativity is just coming to the surface, and I feel so inspired to try these new trends! Here’s a glimpse of the many directions you have to try!

1. Nudes

A post shared by Anna Gąsienica Fronek (@zakolorovana_indigo_educator) on

We aren’t just wearing nude clothing, our nails are dressed up too! There are chocolates, cappuccinos, and caramels. Everyone is included. This trend is simple, and if your nails chip, it is not as noticeable!

2. DIY Nail Art

A post shared by Your Digital Beauty Concierge (@ruubyapp) on

You have had the much needed time to perfect your at-home manicure skills, and this abstract manicure is your unique way to put a twist on your french manicure. I call this the 2020 french mani.

3. Personalized Press-Ons

A post shared by Canishiea J. Sams ??????? (@nailsbycanishiea) on

We have to support our nail techs, so even if you don’t master your manicure at home, call your local nail tech and ask for some sweet press-ons! Dozens of nail artists have been crafting custom press-on sets for their clients while salons were closed. They are reusable, and you can easily remove them! SOLD.

4. Skittle Nails

A post shared by MINKPINK (@official_minkpink) on

Why do we need to choose one hue when you can have five fabulous polishes you love? This trend is called the skittles manicure, and I love this rainbow look.

5. French Manicure With Color

A post shared by Nails by Nanna Sander (@nailsbynannasander) on

Personally, this is my new favorite, so here is my attempt!

Nail art
Original photo by Alaysia Hicks

I am a deep thinker, always putting my time into creating and evolving. Writing is my favorite creative outlet and here is what is on my mind!