Egyptian Magic skin cream
Egyptian Magic skin cream
Original photo by Carli Brennan
Style > Beauty

This Multitasking Skin Cream Works Actual Magic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

Like many of you, I’ve been working extra hard to take care of my skin this past year. With constant mask use, excess stress, and one too many fast food binges comes skin problems. Dryness, redness, acne — I’ve had it all. Ever since college, my once clear skin has decided to act out any chance it gets. It seemed like nothing was working to fix my skin, if anything, it seemed to be getting worse. I had truly lost faith in my skincare routine when I rediscovered Egyptian Magic

Egyptian Magic is a multi use skin cream recommended by dermatologists and pediatricians across the globe. My first encounter with it was back in high school, when I received a sample of it in a Birchbox. I remember really liking it at the time, but never purchased the full size tub once my sample ran out. Back in November, I stumbled upon it while strolling the aisles of Harmon’s and decided to give it a shot to moisturize my dry winter skin. Little did I know the effect it would have on my acne as well.

While a balm packed with honey, bee pollen, and olive oil may sound like a nightmare to put on your face, trust me, it’s the opposite. Honey has antibacterial and antiseptic properties that have been said to soothe acne and skin irritation, while olive oil has moisturizing properties. The cream’s consistency is almost like a cross between Vaseline and coconut oil; it starts off as a solid and melts in your fingertips. Because of its thick texture, I find that it’s best to use it only at night. After washing my face, I take a pea sized amount (a little goes a long way) and massage it into my face and neck. After a few weeks, I was surprised when my skin was not only feeling moisturized, my acne had also subsided significantly. 

Five months later and I am happy to report that I’m still just as happy with Egyptian Magic. While my skin still isn’t perfect, it’s the best it’s looked in years. Egyptian Magic isn’t just a face cream, it has countless other uses as a hair conditioner, to heal cuts, and even to help fade stretch marks.  It’s no wonder celebrities like Lauren Conrad and Ashley Benson are also avid users of the balm. 

If you’re looking to switch up your skincare routine, I can not recommend Egyptian Magic enough. 

Carli is a 2022 grad of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City and served as the style section editor for Her Campus. After being a national style writer for Her Campus, she launched Her Campus FIT. A born and raised Jersey Girl, she is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. In her spare time she loves running, jamming to Taylor Swift, and tracking down the best burgers. Find her on Instagram @carliannescloset.