This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

Rob Thier, a German historian and award-winning writer, created a series like no other, the Storm and Silence Saga Book Series

The series follows the unforgettable Lilly Linton, a fiercely outspoken woman living in 19th century London, England. She is admirably relatable, courageous, and hilarious. From getting arrested for stealing her uncle’s suit in an attempt to vote, to fighting off enemies in jungles on the opposite side of the world. The ultimate  feminist, she is adamant on never relying on a man, and for fighting for her rights to be seen as an equal. 

The push and pull between Lilly Linton and the seemingly coldhearted Mr. Rikkard Ambrose, is both infuriating and exhilarating. Their relationship is fueled by sexual tension and intellectual banter. The slow burn of their romance is definitely worth the wait. 

As an avid reader, I believe that the best novels are the ones where you can completely immerse yourself into the story; the novels where it seems physically impossible to put it down. This series definitely checks off those boxes for me.

It evoked a whirlwind of emotions from me. From wanting to tear my hair out at how infuriating the love interests can be, to uncontrollably laughing at the character’s conversations, to crying at the beautiful, small exchanges of emotions. This series has claimed a special place in my heart. 

Currently, the series has 5 novels available to purchase within the series from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, as well as other businesses. According to the author, there are more novels to come for this series! 

Happy Reading!

I am a Fashion Business Management Major looking to minor in English and Film and Media Studies. I am a member of the National Honor Society, as well as the National Society of Leadership and Success. I excelled as a member of the soccer team at FIT, and I am currently a member of two clubs that are coordinated by my school, HER Campus and Runway27. I am included in FIT Fall 2019's Dean's List. I have extensive experience in being the social media coordinator for an event space located in Manhattan, NY. In my spare time I enjoy reading, working out, and cooking.
Carli is a 2022 grad of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City and served as the style section editor for Her Campus. After being a national style writer for Her Campus, she launched Her Campus FIT. A born and raised Jersey Girl, she is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. In her spare time she loves running, jamming to Taylor Swift, and tracking down the best burgers. Find her on Instagram @carliannescloset.